Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Waterspout on the Bay of Fundy
JasonB
# Posted: 19 Jan 2017 08:53

A few weeks ago now, as I readied myself for another day's work falling, limbing, notching and placing wall logs, I noticed this on the Bay outside our kitchen window:

Nearby cliffs, halfway between home and cabin, bathed in sunset, this past weekend:

J

hueyjazz
# Posted: 19 Jan 2017 12:50

Thank you for that. I'm from NY. Growing up one of our annual summer vacations was a camping trip to the Bay of Fundy. I love the bag pipes and watching the tidal bore come in. Very fond memories of the area.
I had four brothers and the family hauler was a large station wagon. My seat was in the rear facing the back window in a seat that flipped up. Good luck getting that one pass the DOT now.
One trip the family wagon got attacked by a moose while we were in it. Sucker kept backing up and ramming the car. made for a lot of like say excitement.
Seems to me the campground we would stay at had a mint golf course near by too. It wasn't for the meek.
You got a cabin here. You lucky guy. I need to get back there.
Thanks for the memories. You just made a crappy day at work much better.

JasonB
# Posted: 19 Jan 2017 13:03

A campground with a nearby golf course? There's alot! Fundy National Park springs to mind (drive off a big hilltop on first hole), though there are choices in St. Andrews and a host of others.

I've got a cabin and a home here. My home's a former lightkeeper's dwelling.

We've encountered many moose, but as yet they've not molested my vehicle! What a memory!

Glad to have made your day.

J

hueyjazz
# Posted: 19 Jan 2017 20:08

Ha, that's the golf course and we did stay at Fundy National Park. I seem to recall boccie courts or something like that near clubhouse. But this was in the 60's. Hilltop? Seemed like a mountain at the time.

JasonB
# Posted: 20 Jan 2017 10:47

Yeah, there's a bunch of playground and lawn bowling sort of stuff near the golf course. A good park to be sure.

I don't golf, but always wanted to hit a drive off that tee... I was last there about 3/4 years ago, camping with my family.

J

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.