Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Signed the Lease
hitanktank
# Posted: 27 Jan 2013 16:15

Well we signed the lease for our property. 4 acres in the middle of nowhere way way wayyyyyy off grid. Building 16 x 10 cabin with a 8 x 8 bathroom. But the big one is I have 14 years experience in golf course greenskeeping and am building a 4 hole course each hole about 70 yards long. Im retired at 47 years old so its all golf, cigars and fishing from here on in.

naturelover66
# Posted: 27 Jan 2013 17:31

Wow! Congrats....youre so fortunate.

Dillio187
# Posted: 27 Jan 2013 17:38

hah, that's awesome, I'd love to have a little par 3 golf hole on my 20 acres.

trollbridge
# Posted: 28 Jan 2013 11:28 - Edited by: trollbridge

FORE!!!!!...................................I mean 47?????????????!!!!!!

Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

You better post lots of pictures of your little play ground! When do you plan on getting started? This spring? Bet ya can't wait!

Thunder9
# Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:02

Congrats on finding you piece of paradise. Pic?

hattie
# Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:06

Congratulations!! It sounds like it's going to be lots of fun!!! Post pictures of your progress.....

hitanktank
# Posted: 29 Jan 2013 15:54

will be starting when the snow is gone,...which up here might be when the snow next winter is retstarting. What a brutal winter

adakseabee
# Posted: 29 Jan 2013 19:44

Hitanktank,

My cabin is 10 feet wide, 14 feet long with an attached porch at one end that is 6 feet by 10 feet. My loft is also 10 by 14 and is accessed from the main floor by a ladder through a framed opening in the loft floor. My gable roof is 14/12 which gives 70 inches vertical clearance (minus the rafters and plywood floor) along the centerline in the loft. In retrospect, I would have made the building 12 feet wide, rather than 10, as it would have given me more head clearance (an additional 12 inches at 14/12), hence comfort, in the loft. If you plan on using your loft, I recommend that you consider increasing the width of your planned cabin to 12 feet, unless, of course, you have some restriction that prohibits you from doing so. My excuse in building 10 by 14 was simply cost. It would not have been that much more to build it 12 feet wide, but I was on a very tight budget.

Good luck with your cabin building experience.

Adakseabee

hitanktank
# Posted: 1 Feb 2013 17:59 - Edited by: hitanktank

this is the property. We are building a mile from the gate, 4 times farther than that building is. Not many trees, but thats ok. Super close to huge lake with great fishing and we can basically do what we please on the 4 acres we have.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.