Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Trying To Find an LUP Camp in Northern Ontario
highlander
# Posted: 29 Jan 2013 18:19

Hi, I'm new to this but here goes. I'm looking for a camp of some sort, I would like an LUP camp if possible. Hopefully it would be located between North Bay and Cochrane Ontario. But I'm also open to other locations. Please let me know if you know of one that is or will be coming up for sale . Thanks alot.

MtnDon
# Posted: 29 Jan 2013 19:04

I guess it may be a regional thing... but what is a LUP camp?

DungeonX
# Posted: 30 Jan 2013 13:10

An LUP is a Land Use Permit given by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources. The government doesnt give these out anymore so the only way to acquire one is buying it off someone privately. It is essentially just a cheaply rented 1 acre piece of land that you can build a camp on but you have no tenure to the property and you still have to pay the taxes. Best place to look is on the net or the local newspapers in the towns that you would like to be near.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.