Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / insurance
dov
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 14:16

I have built a small cabin back in the woods. I wanted to insure it because I am not their all the time and it is over an hour away from where I live. The insurance company couldn't make a policy with out an address. I told then I could give them the lat. And long. But they need an address. The county wants me to put a mail box up for 911. I don't want a mail box and I don't have a phone cant even get cell reception for a ½ mile. How could I get insurance?

Kithera
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 16:39

Even without the box, you have a street address if you're on a street. The mail box is simply an indicator. Get it to make them happy. The last thing you want is an emergency and the paramedics can't find you.

Anonymous
# Posted: 1 Jan 2010 13:20

Or put it up til everyone is happy, then remove it

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 18 Jun 2011 20:49

I have insurance and don't have a address. Just the parcal numbers. That should be enough for them and maybe having the insurance salesperson come out to look at what is being insured might help. That is what they did. Having insurance on a remote cabin is going to be expensive. We pay $1800 per year.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 18 Jun 2011 21:43

i insure 2 cabins and 330 for both per year total
( my old cabin and the new one under construction)
farm policy ----my farm is pine tree production) :-)

got a street address and no mail box

smitty
# Posted: 18 Jun 2011 21:49

Now THAT is smart!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.