Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / If I wanted to live in Colorado, I'd buy this
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 13 Jan 2016 11:53

This seems like a good deal:
http://tinyhouselistings.com/listing/la-veta-colorado-15-colorado-land-tiny-house-in- paradise/?utm_source=New+Properties&utm_campaign=d491f73861-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN+%28New +Tiny+House+Listings%29&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_548c403727-d491f73861-291808785

The views are gorgeous and you have a building started.

timcook
# Posted: 14 Jan 2016 17:38

Thats a cool place not a bad price either, the manican inside the cabin must be for those long long winter nights by your self hahaha

naturelover66
# Posted: 14 Jan 2016 18:06

Love that mountain view!! I think its really cute. What i dream of one day is living in my northern Michigan cabin half the year... And packin up to go west the other half of the year... Thats what im hoping for anyway...i look at property all the time. I wanna be a cowgirl living in the old west ... Lol. One day its gonna happen.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 14 Jan 2016 18:51

LOL @ the mannequin! Yeah, the contents were very eclectic, shall we say?

When I first decided that I wanted to live off-grid in a small cabin, I was looking at Colorado. I have good friends in Colorado Springs who wanted me to move up closer to them. There are some really, really good land deals in parts of Colorado but mostly in places where the climate and life is a lot like Texas, but with beautiful mountains. I miss the BIG TREES, forests, and laid-back environment in which I was raised, plus southern Colorado tends to have weather similar to Texas and that's really killing me with Lupus. So, Oregon it is.

If there really is a good water source for the cistern, 2.5 acres and an Amish-built unfinished cabin for $12K is good value. I paid almost that just for my land (same size) in Oregon.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 14 Jan 2016 18:56

Quoting: naturelover66
Love that mountain view!! I think its really cute. What i dream of one day is living in my northern Michigan cabin half the year... And packin up to go west the other half of the year... Thats what im hoping for anyway...i look at property all the time. I wanna be a cowgirl living in the old west ... Lol. One day its gonna happen.

LOL! Which half of the year would you spend in each place? To avoid snow, you'd probably need to go to Arizona for winter. We get ice in Texas which totally sux. I'd rather have snow, frankly, than thick ice accumulations! Colorado gets snow.

I was a bit surprised that there was something of a "cowboy" culture in southern Oregon where my land is. Not the bigtime "yeehaw" type found in Texas but there are rodeos and such. Not that I'm complaining, lol. I LOVE horses, riding, and I do enjoy going to rodeos sometimes.

naturelover66
# Posted: 14 Jan 2016 20:31 - Edited by: naturelover66

Well april thru october i would live in michigan...then haul myself... My stuff ..and my two horses out west.. Maybe southern utah.. Colorado... Arizona... ? Im looking for property. I need a mountain view and wide open spaces...

Ditchmonkey
# Posted: 4 Mar 2016 15:47

Quoting: Julie2Oregon
I was a bit surprised that there was something of a "cowboy" culture in southern Oregon where my land is.

Is that west or east of the mountains?

Regarding the property for sale, La Veta is a nice area. Nice recreation opportunities nearby.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 4 Mar 2016 15:57

Ditchmonkey
Both, really, until you get to Ashland, I suppose.

I wonder if that property ever sold?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.