Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Cordwood sauna
wakeslayer
# Posted: 3 Jan 2012 16:17

This is NOT my project, but thought it worthy of showing you all.
The guy who pretty much re-built our A-frame and built our bunkhouse, cook center and shittah had been after me for years to do a cordwood building of some sort. As I had more than enough on my plate budgetwise I never got around to taking him up on it. My friend that I mentioned that has the snowcat had this built a couple years ago. It is called The Grotto, as it is nestled by a creek that he dammed up a bit to make a pool. It is especially impressive due to it's location a mile north of me on the road, and up a 2.5 mile driveway. By driveway, I mean goat path. It is the highest building in our valley. As they are on the east side of the valley they get incredibly hot in the summer and the whole areas around the Grotto stays almost air conditioned. In the winter it will stay warm forever as the walls are 16 inches thick. There are bottles embedded that allow colored light through. The windows are hollowed out logs that are glass covered on the ends. It is very "Hobbit-y"
grotto_001.jpg
grotto_001.jpg
grotto_002.jpg
grotto_002.jpg
grotto_006.jpg
grotto_006.jpg

wakeslayer
# Posted: 3 Jan 2012 16:18

Interior pics.
grotto_003.jpg
grotto_003.jpg
grotto_004.jpg
grotto_004.jpg
grotto_005.jpg
grotto_005.jpg

TomChum
# Posted: 3 Jan 2012 17:17

thats cool!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 3 Jan 2012 18:03

looks awesome-----fine build........

tnky03
# Posted: 3 Jan 2012 22:57

Love the look! Hmm, maybe an idea for an outdoor shower when we build.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.