Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Flooring is done
toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 20:36

OK, just about done with my cabin. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I am feeling depressed, knowing i have nothing else to do. I guess I'm going to have to start making up projects. I can think of an outdoor shower, log furniture...

Here is what I did this weekend. (also painted a picnic table, installed security camera, installed fire pit, cleaned out woodstove, "had a dead bird" in it???)
flooring_006.jpg
flooring_006.jpg
flooring_010.jpg
flooring_010.jpg
flooring_022.jpg
flooring_022.jpg
flooring_023.jpg
flooring_023.jpg

Rifraf
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 21:21

looks great, what is that . hardwood or laminate ?

customrunner
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 21:45

Your place looks great!!! cant wait to get to your stage were there is a light at the end of the tunel..

neb
# Posted: 24 Apr 2012 21:48

awesome

rayyy
# Posted: 25 Apr 2012 06:04

Wished I had your ambition,Toyota.You do beautiful work,too.My to do list is endless right now.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Apr 2012 10:47

looks absolutely wonderful!!!!! I too would love to see the light at the end of the tunnel! If you really are ever bored with nothing to work on you could come do our "to do list". It is still way, way too long!!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 25 Apr 2012 11:44

Looks great !!!

We have the same stove pad as you, except rectangular shaped.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 25 Apr 2012 16:07

Quoting: Rifraf

looks great, what is that . hardwood or laminate ?

It is laminate. Its almost plastic feeling. Pretty slippery. I do need to trim out the crawl space access just under the inside doormat. The stuff I used expands so little. No big gaps needed. I do need to still install 1/4 round around the hearth (even with the tight fit) and inside against the threshold. The flooring was around $4.50 per sq foot. Real spendy. But I have a good neighbor whose kid is the owner of a hardwood flooring business and he got all the stuff for nothing on a "take out" insurance job. Owner wanted all new, only a small portion was damaged. Not nailed or glued, it came out just like it was new. Does not scratch at all, or real hard too. I horse traded labor, same goes for my stone work on the fireplace, more horsetrading. I have lots of buddies and they all have trades/business and helped out on the project.

I need to paint the inside of my door too. Just doesn't look right in white primer.

Few more pictures.
flooring_012.jpg
flooring_012.jpg
flooring_017.jpg
flooring_017.jpg

Montanan
# Posted: 25 Apr 2012 17:11

It looks great- really makes the cabin seem complete, doesn't it? We have the same issue with the white primed door- I'm dying to get a coat of paint on it. What color will you use?

dfosson
# Posted: 25 Apr 2012 20:20

Quoting: Montanan
We have the same issue with the white primed door- I'm dying to get a coat of paint on it. What color will you use?

I've got the same issue with the white primed door. I've finally decided to use a burnt red on it.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 25 Apr 2012 22:35 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: Montanan
What color will you use?

Its going to be a dark color. I may use the same color I used on the other side of the door, ie Forest Service Brown. I peeled off all the labels on the walls and will sand the stamps off and use what dfosson used. I cant remember the name, maybe he will refresh my memory so I wont have to use the search feature.

Montanan
# Posted: 26 Apr 2012 10:49

I'm thinking dark brown too, for the inside of the door. We may go with a dark forest green on the outside, depending on what we decide to do with the window trim. I like the burnt red idea too...and will also wait to hear what paint dfosson used.

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Apr 2012 15:16

Oh gads! Those ugly primed doors---wish I could snap my fingers and make them all painted!!!! Hate painting doors...but hate looking at a primed door even more!!!! LOL!

I'm still trying to decide on colors for ours as well.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.