Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Central Wisconsin Cabin Build
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . >>
trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jul 2013 19:21

That is really good to know about the shower pressure! Love first hand experience.

My daughter is 28. She is pretty and down to earth and looking to meet women more like herself. Like you and Jason are more manly gays...she is a girly gay looking for another girly gay. lol...I don't want to step on any toes with terminology. Anyway, she is a teacher and musician and is set with her job, smart and has a happy personality. I realize she is younger than your crowd, but it never hurts to ask

I can't wait to see the leather all done. I never think to look on youtube, but I hear their are tutorials for just about anything!

Bevis
# Posted: 11 Jul 2013 22:02

Quoting: trollbridge
I need pretty good pressure to wash and rinse my thick hair

Troll...I could fix that issue for you...

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 25 Jul 2013 20:33

WE BOUGHT A 4 wheeler! Now I have to build that little house barn to keep it in! Yay a new project!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 07:45

Well we bought that 4wheeler to help with doing some work and so far it's been to fun to use for work! We just spent 4 great days at the cabin! And went for a 4x4 ride...
We had a mix of weather from hot and sunny, perfect breezy mornings, cloudless nights and a lazy rainy day...we ate well and went blueberry picking followed by homemade blueberry pancakes!
And went for 4x4 ride...
We burned 3 more large piles of brush after a morning of light rain, then dug out a few stumps that were left in the driveway and went for 4x4 ride...and finally used the 4 Wheeler for a "work" related task, dragging the driveway smooth.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 10:17

Sounds like a great time, Dave!!!!! 4 wheelers are fun and handy! I am going through cabin withdrawl...haven't been in a while and we may not get to go until Labor Day weekend

trollbridge
# Posted: 4 Sep 2013 19:27

Hi Dave,
Wondering how Jason's surgery went? Hope the recovery is swift and painless....well, at least as swift and pain free as possible!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 18:22

Surgery went well so far....they turn on the shock treatment this Friday!

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 18:47

What kind of surgery???? Geez.....sounds scary Yikes!!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 23:42

Jason had electric leads put in along his spine for electro pulse treatment! Basically shocks of electricity to interrupt the pain receptors going to his brain so his back doesn't hurt.... We will see!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 23:50

Sooo...new project coming up this fall....a hugelkultur garden....we will be building a test bed to eventually plant raspberries, blueberries and grapes. We need to dig a 4x8 bed 2 feet deep then fill it to the top with logs and then put layers of straw, our native sandy soil, manure and branches to create a bed full of organic matter that along with the logs will help to retain moisture... I want a garden off the back porch that looks like the posted pics....so far it is working on a smaller scale where we have strawberries growing! We have plenty of logs and brush to use up!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 23:53 - Edited by: Sustainusfarm

Last weekends projects were building two sets of steps off the Porch that had rotted away....I'm working up to barn building so be patient!
The back step
The back step
Back step
Back step
Side step
Side step
Side step
Side step

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 08:27

Okay Pa! Nellie will try to be patient!

Actually, what would Nellie want a barn for?LOL.

You have some ambitious projects planned, Dave!

The surgery Jason had done sounds brutal!!! I cringe just thinking of it. I do hope after being brave enough to go through that that he will find relief from the pain Keep us posted on how the shock treatment works out. I find that very interesting. All my best wishes continue to be sent your way.

Do you think you will be going to Wakeslayer's concert? Hope so!

countrygirl
# Posted: 17 Sep 2013 11:37

love your cabin and all the pine trees around it. So many good ideas from looking at your place.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 17 Sep 2013 18:43

Thanks countrygirl! What are some of your favorite ideas you saw?

countrygirl
# Posted: 17 Sep 2013 20:44

When we made our loft we put TG pine in for our floor. after seeing you porch we put a swing on our deck. I got an ecotemp water heater this summer and made an outside shower. Next year we hope to get a well.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 18 Sep 2013 11:49

Nice!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 25 Sep 2013 11:25

Last week we moved a door to a new location to get ready for plumbing....also tackled what we thought was a mold issue cause by air leakage...turns out that when I pulled the insulation down the black stuff was not between the insulation and the wall...air was being sucked out of the cabin and it was dirt and dust accumulating in the surface of the insulation and not mold! I took it down anyways and used the recommended Tilex Mold and Mildew on the wood and now it is clean! Let it dry for a week and this weekend I will re insulate... The portable shower still proves to be one of the best things we have bought for the cabin...I have taken an outdoor shower at 49 degrees and that water is piping hot! Loooove it!!
Old door went thru the yellow wall
Old door went thru the yellow wall
Insulating removed to get rid of mold/mildew/ dirt?
Insulating removed to get rid of mold/mildew/ dirt?

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 2 Nov 2013 10:16

We are here...this week is a "build the shed" week! Not exactly what I wanted but, the price was right and it is a must have to store the 4wheeler in this winter. I'm embarrassed to say it was delivered from Lowes and is all pre-cut! It's been slow because it's been raining for two days....now that the floor is level it should go much quicker and I anticipate it will be ready to fill with crap by Monday!
Un packaging
Un packaging
Treated 4x4 sleepers
Treated 4x4 sleepers
Finished, leveled and squared to perfection!
Finished, leveled and squared to perfection!

Gregjman
# Posted: 2 Nov 2013 14:53 - Edited by: Gregjman

Does lows sell the little house on the prarire prefab barn shed? Isn't that what you wanted to build?

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 23:19

Well...7days at the cabin tomorrow with the intent on building a shed for the 4wheeler, tools and other cabin STUFF! The first two days it rained, day 3 everything was frozen, day 4 it was cloudy with sprinkles, day 5 SUNNY!, day 6 started out sunny then by noon torrential down pours for 24 hrs and day 7 cloudy and wet! BUT WE FINISHED! All in all the shed its self went up really easy and in 2 days...very impressed with this kit and how easily it went together. We only have shingling to do as I wasn't about to do it in a cold rain, so we cooked pot roast instead!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 11:26

Looks great, Dave!!! Doesn't sound like the weather cooperated, but you managed to get it all done! Yipee!

How's Jason's back feeling? I'm hoping to hear surgery and shock treatments have brought the relief he sought? Hope so! Let me know

Gregjman
# Posted: 2 Dec 2013 07:49

If your looking for a shed to finish if Owen doesn't travel this far, Country Builders is close. They don't have a website but they are on hwy F between red granite and berlin. They have a bunch of prebuilts sitting on the road and I believe they deliver up to 25 or 50 miles included in their price.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 4 Dec 2013 00:07

Great! I'm heading there this weekend....Owen, I'm still gonna contact you as well...

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 4 Dec 2013 00:08

TB .i haven't heard a complaint out of Jason for at least 6 weeks! And he has quit smoking!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 9 Dec 2013 23:36

Ok....we decided that we would head to the cabin this past weekend because we were cold at home without a woodstove! When we arrived at the cabin on Saturday night it was 5 degrees inside! Usually it takes a few hours to heat it up to a comfy 60 degrees, not so this time....we had both the woodstove and the gas wall heater crankin' to no avail...finally after 5 long hours of continually loading the stove we ran out of propane...lol is all we could do....that meant no cooking while the snowstorm swept in on Sunday afternoon... Poo! Then the 4 wheeler wouldn't start....poo again! Then the snow and wind started, yeah! Monday morning it was sunny and everything was covered in snow, but now our only sink drain was frozen with water in the sink, poo poo poo!
In the end, propane was delivered, 4wheeler started, sink thawed, cabin warmed up and the sun came out for a wonderful walk in fresh powder snow through the sunlit woods..... The wind kicked up and blew it all over like a blizzard! The End.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 9 Dec 2013 23:38

Some pics....
image.jpg
image.jpg
At least we weren't at home for this!
At least we weren't at home for this!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 11 Jan 2014 15:09

Have not been to the cabin in a month...having withdrawals, but at the same time I think there is a lot of snow blocking the driveway so I'll stay here until the snow melts. Looking for a cheap house in Arizona now!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Aug 2014 22:47

Long time no post! Have been busy selling homes...finished the shed and added a lean to to put firewood in. Burned the last of the brush piles and finally things are growing and filling in where all the trees died a few yrs ago! The raspberries have taken over the woods this year with all the rain and made for good picking!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Aug 2014 22:48

Oh and we started a bee hive this year too!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sarg68
# Posted: 9 Aug 2014 07:06

Your place looks great!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.