Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Great site!!!
Sammies cabin
# Posted: 19 Sep 2013 14:28

Hi All, I am a new member and have found this site amazing. Been slowly (weekends in the summers) working on an "A Frame". The biggest hurdle has been that it is boat access only so getting materials there was a huge chore. I went 18' x 30' x 22' tall and have included a loft in the back half. I have a small solar system that powers lights and music as well as igniting the pilot on the propane fridge (from an old RV). I have gravity fed water system but I am looking for an option to get rid of the greywater. I also found an amazing on demand water heater that gives us hot water at our outdoor shower. I have no cell service at the cabin which is a good thing sometimes . I use a booster out on the lake to make contact with the world. Love it and look forward to getting lots of tips as I move forward.
Thanks.....
foundation
foundation
basic construction
basic construction
at lock up - year one
at lock up - year one
inside
inside

nik870
# Posted: 19 Sep 2013 15:25

Very cool cabin. I like the flooring you have, what is that and how hard was it to install?

Sammies cabin
# Posted: 19 Sep 2013 15:35

Thanks! The flooring is some cheap laminate that was getting blown out by my local flooring store. I needed to put underlay down but after that it is click together and is floating. no nailing required. It has been in for 3 winters where the temperature drops well below freezing and the cabin is uninsulated. It has held up well and is super easy to clean. I had some left over and I actullay used on a wall (nailed with brad nails) and it looks great there too.
PS. I did the entire floor before putting the interior walls up...
flooring and underlay
flooring and underlay

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Sep 2013 18:59

Nice, what part of the world are you at?

owen

Sammies cabin
# Posted: 20 Sep 2013 00:56

Thanks, Interior of British Columbia Canada. Summer use only due to the boat access only. Amazing spot. Completely off the grid. Nice spot to get away!
image.jpg
image.jpg

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Sep 2013 21:40

I've been coming up there to snowmobile for a few years. It is beautiful.

Owen

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.