Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Trinidad Colorado 12X16
Ruggles
# Posted: 24 Jun 2014 19:32

Mostly completed. Just finishing up the inside walls and then the details on the outside. With the 10X10 pavilion with picnic table there's plenty of space for living for the two of us.
Cabin
Cabin
Pavillion
Pavillion
Inside
Inside

bldginsp
# Posted: 24 Jun 2014 20:15

Comfy

Shadyacres
# Posted: 24 Jun 2014 20:16

Very nice !

bpeterson76
# Posted: 30 Jun 2014 12:02

Ruggles, did you have any issues at all with building department? I'm in the process of planning my mountain cabin in Colorado, and I've heard horror stories and already had a few puzzling conversations with regional.

Disclaimer: I'm a certified Architect (though I don't practice) and I'll be building in a county that's 10+ years behind on UBC.

Ruggles
# Posted: 30 Jun 2014 12:37

I'm in Las Animas county so I did the maximum without permits thing down there. My neighbors who live there year round got through all that, one with a straw bale and the other with a yurt but I guess there is only one guy in the county so it takes a lot of time.

Ruggles
# Posted: 30 Jun 2014 12:46

Power is 12 volt solar, water is hauled and tanked, toilet is a high end camping unit with electric flush, but still needs to be emptied and cleaned periodically.

Ruggles
# Posted: 23 Jul 2014 10:10

Inside's almost complete. T&G cedar on the bottom, painted OSB on top, and framed the inside of the window openings with cedar picket material. Still working on a good inexpensive ceiling material that will be fairly easy to install.
Inside3
Inside3

Gary O
# Posted: 26 Jul 2014 18:00

Looking r-e-a-l good. Yessir.

neb
# Posted: 26 Jul 2014 18:41

Yep I like it! Looks like home to me.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.