Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 20x30 log cabin in Ontario.
Snowshoe222
# Posted: 6 Sep 2015 16:16

Hi all.
Though I would share some pics of my cabin in Ontario. Place is 50 yrs old. 600 ft main with 220 loft. Wood heat via two wood stoves. Propane light and stove. Small solar for lights. Hope you enjoy. I sure do
Sept 2015 kitchen reno
Sept 2015 kitchen reno
Kitchen redone
Kitchen redone
Cabin in winter
Cabin in winter
Cabin main floor
Cabin main floor

Snowshoe222
# Posted: 6 Sep 2015 16:31

Some more...
New wood stove
New wood stove
Loft. Insulation in progress
Loft. Insulation in progress
Winter arrival.
Winter arrival.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 6 Sep 2015 17:16

I love it!! I have a log cabin as well that is 37 years old and I built a log bunkie over the past year! It doesn't get more rustic than that! Yours is very spacious. What part of Ontario are you in?

Snowshoe222
# Posted: 6 Sep 2015 18:36

North of Huntsville. Near Burk's Falls.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 6 Sep 2015 18:51 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

Very nice. DH and I have a log cabin in Ontario too. Built in 2006. Tell me about your floor. It looks really rustic. We are searching for rustic hardwood flooring.

I like the braided rug in the living room. How old is it? Did it come with the cabin? Also like the huge iron frying pan on the wall by the new wood burning stove too.

Are you planning to clean the logs inside the cabin? We have been doing that for the past two summers by hand using Perma-Chink products. The logs were really dirty. That is hard work. But it is amazing how much better and brighter our cabin looks.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 Sep 2015 21:06

very nice cabin--I bet a lot of history there .."if those logs could talk"

Snowshoe222
# Posted: 7 Sep 2015 08:44

silverwaterlady
Floor is original. Two layers of 12x1 rough cut layer perpendicular, with 50 years of wear. Crooked as all get out due to settling. Base was built on Canadian Shield, and leveled by rocks.
Rugs were my wife's touches. She picked them up on Kijiji. All wool braided, keeps warm in winter and slivers out of feet.

Yes, slowly washing sections of the inside walls. Using rain water and some bleach. Walls have 50 years of life, smoke, and bugs on them. Cabin is chinked using mortar , with chicken wire and nails to help.

hattie
# Posted: 7 Sep 2015 11:49

Absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations on doing such a great job with this. Can't wait to see more pictures as you progress.

Gary O
# Posted: 7 Sep 2015 12:27

WOW

just WOW

Jebediah
# Posted: 19 Dec 2015 08:24 - Edited by: Jebediah

Beautiful place, I miss the snow. We don't get as much in my neck of the woods in Nova Scotia. I like the cook stove, the fire box on mine is a little small, so I require propane wall heaters as well. I will be installing a woodstove or fireplace in the next few years.
Waterford/ don't mind the mess, thats when it was still for sale.
Waterford/ don't mind the mess, thats when it was still for sale.

youngvedder
# Posted: 21 Dec 2015 11:10

Snowshoe - we are build near burks too (See my post)!

place looks great.

Yv

FLoracabin
# Posted: 21 Dec 2015 11:15

too cool sweet place you have!

Shadyacres
# Posted: 5 Jan 2017 23:29

Wonderful cabin and it looks to be located in paradise.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.