IMG_6274.JPG
IMG_6274.JPG
IMG_6231.JPG
IMG_6231.JPG
IMG_6240.JPG
IMG_6240.JPG

Eddy G
# Posted: 10 Jul 2017 14:25

This is the interior of the original 1 room cabin built in 1950. There was an addition added in 67/69 which is the kitchen, bath/laundry room, and one bedroom on the first floor and 2 bedrooms on the second floor.
But this and the front porch are original. I dont think the fur wood floors saw the light of day for 50 years or more. It still has the original stamps from the saw mill so I was careful not to take them off when I refinished it.

Steve_S
# Posted: 10 Jul 2017 14:28

So much brighter, airier & open feeling. Good Job, looks really good !

Eddy G
# Posted: 10 Jul 2017 16:44

Thank You, we had no where to go but up...lol
The place sat empty for a good 3 or more years, I don't think the previous owners (of 16yrs) did a whole lot with it either.
We gutted out the whole place to the studs, ripped out every pipe, wire, little insulation there was, windows, everything down to the studs and sheathing. The sheathing was whole other thing. The place is wrapped 7/8" rough sawn pine boards horizontally and then again with another row of 7/8" pine vertically. Not sure why but its solid and stiff, that's for sure.

creeky
# Posted: 10 Jul 2017 18:15

nice. like the chandelier.

Eddy G
# Posted: 11 Jul 2017 04:14

Thanks, the chandelier came from my childhood home. I found it packed away in box just before we sold the place years back and hung it in my garage sort of as a joke.
When our daughter got married I ran power and hung it in a tree and she was married under it in the field behind our house.
Now its in the family cabin in the woods...I know my Dad would have gotten a kick out of it but my Mother.... well, that's a different story..

Bushwhacked
# Posted: 11 Jul 2017 12:10

Nice Work Eddy. I like it!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.