Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Round Two - Lake Limestone
Purplerules
# Posted: 9 Sep 2017 22:22

This will be our second build, except we are converting an old wooden caboose into a tiny house. We bought another piece of property near our first cabin. (That one can be viewed here under the title 16x28 Ulrich shell to become cabin). Our plans are to maybe turn into a weekend rental. So this property is actually on the lake, so our first order of business is to build a bulkhead while the water is down. We are renovating the caboose on the other property then are going to have it moved to its new location. Here are a few pictures
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 10 Sep 2017 10:50

I always thought an old caboose would make such a cool cabin, I even thought it would be neat for its foundation to be a short section of track/rail bed. How cool would that be. Sleeping area above, the small woodstove (marine type like the sardine would be ideal) etc. Keep us updated please.

razmichael
# Posted: 10 Sep 2017 19:34

That should be really cool! A couple of years ago we stayed at Train Station Inn in Caboose #4. The kids loved it and there was plenty of room (although no kitchen - obviously that was in the Dining Car).

snobdds
# Posted: 10 Sep 2017 21:40

I have that same tractor. Amazing capabilities. I used it to put up 3 cords of wood just this weekend.

Cool build.

Jabberwocky
# Posted: 13 Sep 2017 09:01

Cool project!

hattie
# Posted: 13 Sep 2017 12:58

What a GREAT project! I've always wanted a caboose! I look forward to watching this project progress. Congratulations!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.