Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New Here From North MO!
grnspot
# Posted: 20 Oct 2017 08:57

I just found this site last night!

We own 140 acres in NW MO about 30 miles from home. My parents bought the farm in 1965, I inherited it two years ago, but have taken care of it for several years. The farm is pretty remote for this area, with the 60 acres of crop land now in CRP & several acres of timber & brushy ditches.

I've had a picnic ground around one of the two ponds for some time & wanted a cabin there for years, but it wasn't practical until the farm was mine. Last spring I decided it was time. At one time I would have built the cabin myself, but that's just too big of a job anymore. So, I bought one from an are Amish builder. He has the trailer & hires a neighbor to pull it for him.

More to come later!
Under construction
Under construction
Being delivered
Being delivered

RiverCabin
# Posted: 23 Oct 2017 12:01

Hello fellow Missourian!

There's nothing wrong with starting with a premade shell. I did the same and couldn't be happier. Sometimes distance and schedules aren't conducive to a construction project. You will have your hands full finishing the inside and there is a ton of good advice on this forum.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.