Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Finally have all of my solar panels up!
justinbowser
# Posted: 10 Oct 2018 19:55 - Edited by: justinbowser

Went up to the cabin last weekend and installed my last solar panel and panel rack. This is a semi-permanent installation until I can build a bigger cemented in rack next spring.

I made three "racks" out of 2" sch. 40 PVC and 1 5/8" "Super Strut." Each rack holds three Renogy 100 W panels wired in series with an in-line solar fuse. I then hook the three racks together in parallel. Works pretty nice and the racks were fairly inexpensive and can be easily moved if needed.

Next year will be a bigger rack with room for more panels. I will keep these 9 100 watt panels and add either 4 or 6 300 watt panels on their own CC.
Panels_1.jpg
Panels_1.jpg
Panels_2.jpg
Panels_2.jpg
Solar_panel_mount_1..jpg
Solar_panel_mount_1..jpg

gcrank1
# Posted: 24 Jan 2021 18:25

I wants to knows more
So it is a 3s/3p array, 36v?, about 18a? into mppt cc I expect.
How far to your cc, what size fuses and gauge wire to the cc?
What is your bat-bank and ah's?
What are you able to power?

justinbowser
# Posted: 24 Jan 2021 18:37

3 series panels in a string and 3 strings in parallel and each string has a 15A fuse. Depending on sun and load the charge controller sees about 50 - 55 V full sun. About 50' of 10 ga wire from combiner box to CC. This feeds a 60A MPPT CC into a 600AH 12V AGM battery bank. Barn has a 2KW inverter and I use it to run lights and power tools and my Ham station. This is the "small" system that just runs my barn/shop.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.