Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Useful Links and Resources / Marine Composting toilet
rockies
# Posted: 6 Jul 2015 19:55

http://compostingtoiletscanada.ca/?gclid=CPaYl_XZx8YCFYhsfgod3QkHOQ

Urine can stop the composting process, so a toilet that separates the urine from the solids is a better design.

AK Seabee
# Posted: 7 Jul 2015 00:30

We have owned the Natures Head for awhile although I confess I have yet to use it. The wife does use it however and it has worked great. The diverter keeps the solids dry, no smell and no bugs. We are part timers so we empty and clean prior to leaving camp. Easy cleanup.
I eventually want standard plumbing and a septic but the composting toilet works better than I expected.

Bret
# Posted: 7 Jul 2015 08:30

Have had one in operation for over a year now in a small room off the side of the cabin. Bought the Separett plastic separater for a little over $100 and built the cabinet to house the 5 gal. bucket and 1 gal. pee container. Works great. No problems with smell etc. Use disposable bags for the poo and just dump the pee in the woods when full.

creeky
# Posted: 7 Jul 2015 08:46

I'll just add that you can get the same effect with bokashi inoculant. No smell. And the pee is acceptable.

Pickle your poo.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.