Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Map of cabin sites
Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 30 May 2011 11:56

I know everyone post pics of their cabins but I think it would be great to have a map on which everyone would click on for the location of their cabin. Not like a google map with the exact location but a general location, i.e. Upper NY, NE TN, etc.
I get the feeling that most of the members are from the north and west with a every few south of the mason dixon line.
However, I wouldn't know how to even start such a thing. I still can't download pics from my camera to this site. Shot, I can't download pics to the pics folder.....

bobrok
# Posted: 30 May 2011 12:31

Erins#1Mom

I have thought of this myself and I also agree that it is a great idea. I didn't say anything because I know there is an amount of behind the scenes work to creating/editing even a simple map and didn't want CabinBuilder to have a coniption fit over it. I, for one, keep him somewhat busy just editing my over-the-top and OT posts.

:)

An interactive map would probably be a stretch (that's where one could click and open on a certain spot, state, etc. to see who's there. But a static map that can be added to when someone provides information is doable.

That being said, I do have some cartographic experience and I would be happy to offer assistance to this end if CabinBuilder thinks it's a good idea.

CB, please feel free to e-mail me if you would like to discuss this.

Thanks.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 30 May 2011 14:25 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

This is not the first time the idea of cabin locations comes up. I will see if something can be done.

Meanwhile, below are maps of where Small Cabin website visitors are coming from - I think it's a good approximation.
World
World
USA
USA
Canada
Canada

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 30 May 2011 14:57

CabinBuilder,
I find this totally cool. I esp. like the Canada map with all the hits. This confirms my thoughts that the NW (Washington, Oregon), New England area and Canada comprised the most members to this amazing forum you have built.
Has anyone told you lately that this is the best site on the net? You rock!!!!!
Members, you too must not be left out. This site is my last line to sanity and I'm holding tight....
God bless and Happy Holiday......

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 30 May 2011 17:07

Thank you for the kind words, Erins#1Mom.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.