Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Outdoor concert at Wakeslayers farm!
trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 11:45 - Edited by: trollbridge

Minnesota SC member,wakeslayer, is hosting a band on his outdoor patio Saturday, Sept 21 and Oct. 12th. He lives near Saint Cloud, Mn. Anyone interested in meeting up for a SC get together?????

There are a lot of you Mn. duckheads out there and a lot of us Wi. cheeseheads It would be fun to get together and meet!

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 13:59

Awww too far from Michigan...... sorry.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 14:36

It would, but we should settle on one date, or we'll miss each other.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 16:51

Hey guys,

Trolli, did not realize you had posted this.

We are having a show on both of those dates. We have the bands booked for Oct 12th, and are close on the Sept 21st date.

Anyone is welcome, we are asking for $5 donations towards the bands, BYOE, bring your own everything. Kids, coolers, hoops, dancing shoes!!

If you use Facebook, here is the link again.

https://www.facebook.com/TakinTimeThePatioSessions

We do not have a website. Planning on 2-8 for the music. Anyone willing can camp out here.

PatrickH
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 18:01

All 5 of us would be in for oct. 12th looks really fun we havent seen a band in too long.

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 18:10

October 12th works best for us too!

Lisa....2 words....ROAD TRIP!!!! Lol.....that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!and I know you love a road trip as much as I do!!!!

Awesome! I'm excited

naturelover66
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 19:08

Road trip........ hmmmmm I do love a road trip.......

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 19:15

Yes! Lisa.....it would be a lot of fun! consider it, please

Dillio187
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 23:53 - Edited by: Dillio187

when you see this sign, you know you've arrived!
IMG_20130816_154205..jpg
IMG_20130816_154205..jpg

wakeslayer
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 10:37 - Edited by: wakeslayer

There it is!!! Thanks Pete for putting that up!!

We have booked two pretty big time bands for Oct 12th. And will have two smaller acts before and in between.

Honest Monday, from Milwaukee
I Like You, from Minneapolis

Check them out on Youtube, both are great GREAT bands!! HM is a Americana blues folk band, three piece. They are one of our favorites. I Like You is self described as "Pop-Folk-Swing-Reggae-GypsyJazz-LOVE" They are extremely fun!!
We are working on a father daughter bluesy acoustic duo with some pretty long standing local fame.

Anyone who wants to can camp, or there are a couple motels within ten miles. We are west of the Twin Cities about 40 miles.

This will be a blast!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 11:29

What motels are close, wakeslayer? Gotta start looking into reservations, unless we do decide to pitch the dreaded tent LOL

naturelover66
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 11:51

yeah I'm too old to be in a tent...

Martian
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 12:16

Is this open to those from other parts of the country, or limited to "locals"? I'm always looking for ride destinations. This sounds like fun!

Tom

Borrego
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 15:33

Darn, SoCal is just to far away! I've always wanted to meet up with some of the SCF folks.....

naturelover66
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 19:20 - Edited by: naturelover66

I bet Minnesota is beautiful in october.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 11:35

We are thinking on it....Jason has a surgery scheduled for Aug 30...not just a small deal surgery either! Mid sept we will know for sure...maybe that VIP B Van parking will convince us! Lol

wakeslayer
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 12:21

We are five miles from the city of Clearwater, and 12 miles from Monticello. Monti has a couple hotels, Clearwater has one, I believe.
We have tons of space for the dreaded tent setup. We no longer sleep on the ground either. We have room for trailers or B vans, also.

ANYONE can come, you just have to dig good music.

Hope to see ALL of you!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 12:43

Well, I can't believe I'm even entertaining the thought of tenting it...I'm pretty sure I can't recall a single good night of sleep ever in a tent I hate how everything feels damp and cold by morning

SustainUs, I really hope you are able to come! Sorry to hear Jason needs surgery. That's stressful! I hope it goes well, I will keep him in my prayers.

Borrego, it would be a ball if you were there...maybe Martian can pick you up in his flying saucer...just a thought

Lisa, Minnesota is beautiful during the fall!

Martian
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 13:40

Quoting: trollbridge
...maybe Martian can pick you up in his flying saucer

Does this mean it is open to those from "away" as they say in Maine?

I was just outside going over the old bike to get ready for a Fall trip. Colors, concerts, and conversation are all pretty strong attractions, individually, for making the trip. Available all in one place, well, that's just downright compelling.

Tom

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 20:57

I'd sure like to come. I'll try. I don't mind the tent. I love campstove coffee.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 19 Aug 2013 13:52

Hey everybody !

We have finalized our lineup for the October 12th show. We have Brian Hayes & Friends as our third (first) band. Brian is a longtime member of the Alley Katz from Hamel. His brother is Pat Hayes from Lamont Cranston. Brian has been in the inner circle of the who's who in blues in the Twin Cities area for 30+ years. Not to be missed.

The Final Patio Session of 2013 will feature the below three bands.

Honest Monday
i like you.
Brian Hayes & Friends

Saturday Oct 12th 2-8pm

I will put an image up of our poster in a couple days that will have our address on it so you can plan accordingly.

We request donations for the musicians as they are playing strictly for the jar money, we are not paying them outright. They will also have some merchandise for sale. CD's, tshirts etc.
We provide the venue, advertising, and fans. That is it.

I hope that a bunch of you can show up and have a little SC reunion at the same time !!!

Purely for the love of live roots music

Takin' Time for the important stuff.

Mike

wakeslayer
# Posted: 25 Sep 2013 10:29

hey Everybody,

Just a quick reminder about the show we have coming up on October 12th. Anyone interested is welcome to come. It will be a fantastic day of live roots music. Of all the shows we have done this year, this will be the cherry on top. We have tons of room for camping, and there are motels within a few miles. Hope to see some of you there !!
[img=null]null[/img]
poster art for our season finale
poster art for our season finale

trollbridge
# Posted: 27 Sep 2013 08:50

Gotta check these bands out on Youtube. Looking forward to a fun night wakeslayer! Keeping my fingers crossed for perfect fall weather

Kudzu
# Posted: 27 Sep 2013 17:37

Thanks for the invite, however I will be taking a rain check.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 1 Dec 2013 12:25

Airstream B 190.... How's that 190 treating you? What year is the one you have? How's the MPG's

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.