Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / New Portable Sound System
MtnDon
# Posted: 22 Mar 2016 18:42

I finally got my ducks all in a row and bought a new state of the art sound system. I'd been procrastinating for some time. Ninety six channels. Bluetooth ready. Very compact size. The speakers fit right in my ear. Yes, hearing aids. I've had them a couple of weeks now and love them. I had forgotten how noisy the world actually is. But best of all I can understand the other side of a conversation like one should be able to once again. And hear people talk to me on the phone.

The bluetooth part is cool... the sound is piped directly to the earpieces. An accessory device is required. Apple makes a "streamer" for use with it's i-products. Many theaters have the technology to connect to the earpieces too.

So if you are young take a hint; use ear sound protection when running machinery in the shop, shooting, and above all, keep the volume on your earbuds / headsets turned down. I failed on all those many many years ago when I was invincible.

bobrok
# Posted: 22 Mar 2016 20:50

Congratulations, Don, on your purchase. I know they will serve you well. Isn't it amazing how we take something like our hearing or health for granted until there is a problem?

My granddaughter, who just turned three, was born hearing impaired. We're so grateful that this was discovered before she even left the hospital. They were able to take immediate remedial steps.

She wears state of the art hearing aids ($3000 apiece) and has learned at her young age that she needs to wear them every day to be able to hear correctly. The audiologist can actually download a memory from these at each visit to "read" what frequencies and values she is able to hear in order to make adjustments to the programing. No idea how that works, but I'm thankful it does.

Wilbour
# Posted: 22 Mar 2016 21:36 - Edited by: Wilbour

WHAT!?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.