Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Ceiling Ideas
<< . 1 . 2 .
Fanman
# Posted: 1 Dec 2018 08:41

Our cabin has the original chestnut planks across the log rafters with the black roofing felt peeking through in the old section, T&G pine boards in the later additions, and T-111 plywood, rough side down, in the most recent section and I'm not changing that, but we're trying to figure out how to do the ceiling in our house. The previous owner did it in light colored cheap paneling which just looks stupid, I'm considering using beaded plywood or maybe the thin T&G stuff made for walls.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 2 Dec 2018 21:26 - Edited by: KinAlberta

T&G likely strengthen the whole structure as well.

I’ve been rather shocked at the cost of putting a wooden ceiling in. I want to open up the flat ceilings in our cabins and clad over the interior rafters but i’m sure not looking forward to either the cost or the amount of work nailing up hundreds of boards.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.