Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / propane question
morock
# Posted: 6 Jan 2014 21:49

I bought a full size propane range out of an old farm house and want to use it this year (I bought it over a year ago). The stove is in really good shape and fairly new, less than 8 years, I will get a professional installer to do the final cabin system install, when I know what it will be. I'm looking at on demand hot water, the range and BBQ hook up. But for the up coming summer my plan is to run a flex line through the floor to a 20lb tank outside just so I can cook inside this year. From what I can determine I need a regulator and I'm good to go? I will also put in a range hood for the inspector, but will not use it much as I am on solar power. Do I need a regulator or do the newer ranges have this built in?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 6 Jan 2014 22:22

You will need a regulator. I used also 3/8 copper gas line from home depot, double flared (though, its not required as Mt Don and I found out unless is mobile)

The regulator, well, if the tank is outside, you could go to Home Depot and get a BBQ regulator, they are set to 11 lbs, should be the same for your oven. Its not adequate or meets code, but it works great for a temp to get it up and running.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.