Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Simple off grid shower
rob L
# Posted: 27 May 2014 09:33

Devised a simple off grid shower that worked great! Used a Zodi battery operated pump, ran the hose through 1/2 in electrical conduit..Heated water from nearby stream with a turkey fryer propane set up.. Worked great and very simple! Used bamboo screen for privacy... Great forum for ideas and help!
shower.jpg
shower.jpg

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 27 May 2014 10:42

Re-posted in Share Your Shower Pics thread.

Cosby
# Posted: 27 May 2014 20:05

Looks good Now that we have our outhouse, the off grid shower will be next. Thanks for sharing!

larryh
# Posted: 3 Jun 2014 15:14

A simple gravity feed shower requires no power source other than you filling the tank. I had a hand pump that forced water to the attic and that supplied enough "head" to run it though a water heater I had attached to a wood stove and then back up an into the shower head. It wasn't a full force but plenty to get the job done. A simple tank you could fill with a few buckets of water would do the same with a simple direct line to the shower head. Remember the larger the pipe to the outlet the greater the force of the water.

Larry

ClimberKev
# Posted: 3 Jun 2014 16:13

I used the Zodi for several years and never thought of the conduit idea. I did get tired of replacing the D batteries and upgraded to a 12V bilge pump. I recently went all in and put together a portable water heater based on someone else's post. I also like the bamboo idea...has a natural look.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.