Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Share Your Shower Pics
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
cabin_pal
# Posted: 17 Sep 2011 21:53 - Edited by: cabin_pal

Inspired to build an outdoor shower at my cabin, I recently picked-up a copy of "The Outdoor Shower: Creative design ideas for backyard living, from the functional to the fantastic" in a quest for building ideas. (It never hurts to profit from other's mistakes, aka "learning experiences.")

Here's the link to the book at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Shower-Creative-functional-fantastic/dp/158017552X/ref= sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316310823&sr=1-1

Maybe you'll find inspiration for your own shower project here.

larry
# Posted: 10 Mar 2013 18:00

love my outdoor shower
love my shower
love my shower

GreatWhiteNorth
# Posted: 10 Mar 2013 18:34

Our very rustic temp solar shower!
quick solar shower
quick solar shower

cabin_pal
# Posted: 10 Mar 2013 19:58

Good use of a pallet! I don't think I would have ever thought of that. Your shower looks most inviting!

wakeslayer
# Posted: 11 Mar 2013 10:14

I think I posted this somewhere else, but here is our shower. It is off the back of our 8x8 storage shed.
shower_001.jpg
shower_001.jpg
winter_shower.jpg
winter_shower.jpg

Borrego
# Posted: 11 Mar 2013 22:13

here is ours.....
084.jpg
084.jpg

cabin_pal
# Posted: 12 Mar 2013 05:09

Looks like you have an Eccotemp L5 water heater hooked up. I'm about to install one, myself, this week. Has yours served you well? Did you have any trouble getting it set up and running?

Thanks for posting your photo: another inviting outdoor shower!

Borrego
# Posted: 12 Mar 2013 09:26

4 years now and going strong, they are awesome and a breeze to install. I'm about to get their larger model for my cabin!

cabin_pal
# Posted: 12 Mar 2013 12:42

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback!

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 19 Mar 2013 10:54

This one is from the Purplerules' post.
Purplerules utdoor shower
Purplerules utdoor shower

cabin_pal
# Posted: 19 Mar 2013 14:55

Very nice! I especially like the shower rod, shower head, and colorful curtains. Quite the tidy set-up!

Purplerules
# Posted: 20 Mar 2013 09:02 - Edited by: Purplerules

Thanks cabinbuilder for posting it for me.
This is the updated version. Just bought the all in one unit from Lowe's this past week. We just hooked up the Eccotemp L5 to it.
The before version was a hotwater shower pan with a broken teak table top used as the floor. Hubby much happier with this set up.
It was so cool showering a night under the stars!

Oh and we really like the spigot at the bottom to rinse your feet or fill up a bucket.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 29 May 2013 09:55

This one is from countrygirl's post.
countrygirl shower 1
countrygirl shower 1
countrygirl shower 2
countrygirl shower 2
countrygirl shower 3
countrygirl shower 3

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 30 May 2013 17:46

summer bath.
have solar bag too but that thing is heavy.
20130525_13.37.57.jpg
20130525_13.37.57.jpg

burtonridr
# Posted: 10 Jun 2013 18:14

This thread rocks! good ideas

Taiwin
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 15:44

My tin shower before trim work

cabin_pal
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:25

Pretty light reflections on the pan!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 11:32

I found this old clawfoot tub on kijiji which is perfect when my wife wants to soak in a hot tub with candles lit, sipping a glass of wine looking at the stars out the window. I didn't want to pay the big bucks for the chrome curtain rods that are available so I made my own out of copper pipe and painted it. A hot shower is by far one of the best additions to the cabin!
Shower
Shower
shower
shower

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 11:33 - Edited by: skootamattaschmidty

The vanity is made with cedar logs for the legs and enclosed in barn board to keep rustic and fit in with the cabin.
vanity
vanity

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 12:04

This is richardbosart's shower using bucket system
shower using bucket system
shower using bucket system

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 17:01 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Outdoor shower project from silverwaterlady's "Our Log Cabin".
Quoting: silverwaterlady
The shower was built with leftover materials from our cabin. I wanted it open air with a view of the water like the showers we used in Hawaii. It was built with a lot of extra room for a dressing room and outdoor sink. We put the tank on a dolly so it is easy to move.
outdoor_shower_1.jpg
outdoor_shower_1.jpg
outdoor_shower_2.jpg
outdoor_shower_2.jpg
outdoor_shower_3.jpg
outdoor_shower_3.jpg
outdoor_shower_4.jpg
outdoor_shower_4.jpg

cabin_pal
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 18:49

Quoting: Purplerules
This is the updated version. Just bought the all in one unit from Lowe's this past week.

Purplerules, you mention that your all-in-one shower unit came from Lowe's. Do you happen to remember what the unit is called, or have a product number for it?

Also, can you please describe what the pre-made unit consists of: the mounting grid of wood pickets: piping and shower head; lower spigot?

Yours is certainly an attractive set-up, but it's unclear what parts came from Lowe's, and what you may have added, yourself. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated!

Purplerules
# Posted: 10 Apr 2014 22:54

Sorry it took me so long to reply. It came as all of the above. Except of course the L5 Eccotemp. Think it was called outdoor shower. It was in the patio area with outdoor furniture. We love it.

cabin_pal
# Posted: 11 Apr 2014 04:48

Great! Thanks for the reply. I'll go looking at Lowe's, now that I have a better idea what to ask for. Hope they still carry it!

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 27 May 2014 10:40 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

This one is from rob L's post:
Quoting: rob L
Devised a simple off grid shower that worked great! Used a Zodi battery operated pump, ran the hose through 1/2 in electrical conduit..Heated water from nearby stream with a turkey fryer propane set up.. Worked great and very simple! Used bamboo screen for privacy... Great forum for ideas and help!
Shower
Shower

Shadyacres
# Posted: 28 May 2014 21:47

Here is our shower which is just about finished. Can't wait to try it out.
IMGP0004.JPG
IMGP0004.JPG

SE Ohio
# Posted: 2 Jun 2014 12:16 - Edited by: SE Ohio

Cabin came with shower stall and Zodi tank. Hooked up a 12 volt bilge pump, tubing and low-flow shower head. Added outlet and switch (rated for 120 volts, but only hooked up to cabin's 12 volt off-grid system) for pump.

We heat up 5 gallon Zodi tank on stove. When water is warm enough we move tank by shower, drop in bilge pump. Switch controls pump. One cannot take a long-luxurious shower with 5 gallons, but one can soap up and rinse easily enough.

Zodi tank isn't a requirement. Any large heatable container will do.

Low-flow shower head was a freebie from Columbia Gas (we're customers at our regular home).
Zodi tank with built in thermometer
Zodi tank with built in thermometer
Shower head and switch
Shower head and switch

missouriboy
# Posted: 6 Jun 2014 17:12

Here is a link to my review of my Ecotemp 5 outdoor shower (towards the bottom of page 2):
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_3462_1.html#msg65968

RedTailHawk
# Posted: 24 Jun 2014 16:55

Our indoor and outdoor showers
Indoor shower
Indoor shower
outdoor shower (taken after media blasting on logs)
outdoor shower (taken after media blasting on logs)

Irishguy
# Posted: 26 Jun 2014 17:25 - Edited by: Irishguy

Please explain something for me...

We have just purchased an Ecotemp L5, but haven't installed it yet. I have the Ecotemp L5, a SureFlo pump, and I plan on using rain water from a 275 gallon tote that I also recently purchased. The pump will be powered by a deep cycle battery that I will recharge with a 100w solar panel.

My question is this:

So basically you shower in this order:

1. Turn on pump with a switch that you have wired into one of the lines from the battery to the pump.
2. Turn on the ecotemp and it fires up and starts heating the water.
3. Does the handle have a button to turn on the water flow at the head? or does the water start coming out as soon as you switch on the pump?

I guess I'm kind of confused as to the sequence of events...

If I am going for a semi-permanent install I assume I need the pump switch within reach of the shower. And possibly a water resistant switch? I think I read where someone used a pull switch like you use on a lamp or ceiling fan.

I'm trying to plan all of this wiring, plumbing, etc... out befire I go up there, because the nearest hardware store is minimum 1 hour round trip and that's if you don't actually buy anything.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.