Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Share Your Shower Pics
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Gary O
# Posted: 29 Jun 2015 09:09

Quoting: turkeyhunter
...i bought two ZODI battery powered shower units.....at a yard sale for 15 bucks for both..I would highly recommended you guys getting one...

what, and miss the exhilaration of the cool down? (we will, by fall)

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jun 2015 09:53

hey fella's! i am proud as a peach of my shower invention.
i torn that canvas off the porch that someone else built.
its sure been great to get a shower when we need one.
i figure in winter.we will have a wood stove.
we can warm our water up on it.and get an old wash tub
and fill it and take a bath in front of the hot wood stove fire.
now that sounds pretty good to me.

Gary O
# Posted: 29 Jun 2015 10:17

Quoting: cabingal3
get an old wash tuband fill it and take a bath in front of the hot wood stove fire

sounds good....I'll be under the ZODI

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jun 2015 12:10

ok.i will remember this when u are wanting hot water for a wash.lol

Gary O
# Posted: 29 Jun 2015 12:16 - Edited by: Gary O

uh, this is the shower pics thread

WheelervilleJerry
# Posted: 4 Aug 2015 08:13

Hi folks, here are some photo's of a shower I put up this past month. cost was about $25 for the Carboy tanks, everything else was left over lumber from previous projects or found in the woods. The 'Wattle' work on the walls is only partial at this point, but should progress the next few Cabin weekends. The washing station in front evolved during the build. I may turn it 180 degrees to be more like the set up of MtnManDan above. I prefer the Carboys (from Uline) to the solar shower bags and have been impressed with the flow. The black paint warms the water up to a nice shower temp during the day. For the cabin, this has been an absolute game changer, wish I did it years ago.
Shower with saloon doors in front.
Shower with saloon doors in front.
Note the washing station on the left.
Note the washing station on the left.
Basic
Basic

rockies
# Posted: 4 Aug 2015 21:21

Wow, this is the second site to ask for my shower pics! I'm afraid I'd need a wide angle lens if you know what I mean.

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 25 Aug 2015 23:40 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

LoonWhisperer's shower shed.

shower shed - 1 shower shed - 2 shower shed - 3

Purplerules
# Posted: 31 Aug 2015 08:46 - Edited by: Purplerules

We now have 2 showers at the cabin.
Outside
Outside
Inside
Inside
Inside
Inside

mick968
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 20:44

new bathroom in lower level of cabin
cabin bathroom
cabin bathroom

Irishguy
# Posted: 21 Sep 2015 12:45 - Edited by: Irishguy

Shower on one side and outdoor kitchen sink on the other side...

275 gallon tote to collect rain water, Eccotemp L5 to heat it, Shureflow pump powered by a 12 volt deep cycle battery and charged by a solar panel to pump the water... It has been working well for over a year... Unless it's super cold outside and then the Eccotemp has a hard time making the water hot enough.
20150419_162743.jpg
20150419_162743.jpg
20150419_162609.jpg
20150419_162609.jpg

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 21 Sep 2015 17:58

Irishguy,
can you please photograph the battery,pump and solar panel set up?
How long will the battery keep the pump running? TY.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 24 Sep 2015 03:16

I'm planning on a Zodi shower, too! Indoors. Haven't decided on the model yet, exactly, but you really can't go wrong by trying the battery-operated one at only $40 new! (Cabela's price)

What great, creative ideas, everyone!!! Seriously impressive! I think there's a shower and solution here for every situation!

WheelervilleJerry
# Posted: 24 Sep 2015 08:04 - Edited by: WheelervilleJerry

From one Irishguy to another - I like it a lot !!

MtnManDan
# Posted: 24 Sep 2015 22:49

Well Shower Guy.... thanks to your "Hole In The Wall" idea....I am (for now) just cutting a hole in my shower wall!!!

MtnManDan
# Posted: 24 Sep 2015 22:56

Sorry, I meant to say "Well Irish Guy"
Fantastic setup you have there!...

bowtie1
# Posted: 27 Sep 2015 16:54

Here's our little shower, right now we use solar shower bags but have a tank less hot water heater and 12 volt pump for a later update.
shower
shower

bc thunder
# Posted: 23 Dec 2015 19:35

heres mine.
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG

Tucker
# Posted: 31 Dec 2015 10:47

Before we bought our cabin, we frequently camped on crown land lakes accessible by 4x4 road. For the lady, (and also for fun & a challenge) me and a buddy rigged up a camp shower that provides unlimited hot water. The water is heated using a coaxial coil heat exchanger, with one side drawing lake water out to the shower using a 12v shur-flo pump, the other side passing coolant from the truck's engine by means of quick-connect couplings on a heater hose. It worked amazing even with icy lake water, the only unfortunate thing being the truck needed to be running for it to work. I've been meaning to get the system back up and running at the cabin, and build a little shower enclosure with room to park nearby. So far bathing has been lake-based though, but as the kids get older and the urgent repairs/renos are completed, longer stays are likely and little luxuries like this will be welcome.
camp_shower.jpg
camp_shower.jpg

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 10 Jul 2016 11:08

We just upgraded our outdoor shower. Check out the video if you want to see how we made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJbcXnlBr74
Outdoor_Shower.jpg
Outdoor_Shower.jpg

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 24 Aug 2016 16:43 - Edited by: LoonWhisperer

Made a tweak to our off grid shower setup. Just upgraded from a battery powered shower to the Eccotemp L5. Very impressed so far

Shower1

Shower2

SE Ohio
# Posted: 12 Nov 2017 15:53

Found new-in-box outdoor shower at thrift shop at end-of-season price! Won't attempt using it til June, I suspect... Made to fit a garden hose. Will build enclosure and try gravity feed from a raised water tank. Also might consider running with 12 volt pump.

Assembled at home since cabin time is precious...

SE Ohio
View 2
View 2

Smawgunner
# Posted: 13 Nov 2017 21:17

A work in progress.
F61F64ED58FC4EF7B.jpeg
F61F64ED58FC4EF7B.jpeg

bushbunkie
# Posted: 14 Nov 2017 16:55

...on any other website, the title of this thread could lead to some very interesting "photos" ! .HAHA

KelVarnsen
# Posted: 9 Jul 2018 11:29 - Edited by: KelVarnsen

My wife got caught by the neighbours showering on our deck so I had to bump up building a shower on my priority list. It took me a couple of weekends build, transport to the cabin and assemble. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Sorry about the rotation of the pics. I tried 5 different ways to fix it and none of them worked.
Shower1
Shower1
Shower2
Shower2

SE Ohio
# Posted: 5 Sep 2023 08:45

Got an empty 55 gallon at PepsiCo for $10 US. Used 15/16” spade bit to make spigot hole a few inches up from barrel-bottom. Connected tubing from downspout diverter ($15 from Ali Express) to fill barrel.

Found 3 lengths of garden hose being tossed out. Connected these to spigot and ran the hose down steep hillside behind cabin to outdoor shower (a few posts up, and a few years back, got distracted)

Might have 40-60 feet head height? Good water pressure! Very refreshing after mowing. Too bad it’s about the end of cold water outdoor shower season for me!
Setup in the woods
Setup in the woods
Future shower customer
Future shower customer

Steve_S
# Posted: 5 Sep 2023 11:13

Attached is my Shower/Tub setup in the cabin.

Built on a platform to accommodate the drain using a HepVo Waterless P-Trap. https://hepvo.com/

Tub is a Galvanised "Sheep Trough" that is 4'Lx2'Wx1' high.

Side panels are shallow rib galvalume tin. Using Stainless screws & the galvanized capped washers with the neoprene washer (the same as used for regular tin installation).
Cabin Shower
Cabin Shower

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.