Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Use jump starter to power a Shurflo pump
bobrok
# Posted: 9 Apr 2018 12:04

I bought this last fall on a whim and because it was on a deal.
Charged it up and put it away for about 4 months.
Today I checked and the display reads 100% charged.

So far, so good.

Here's the question. My daughter in law frequently goes to camp by herself and that deep cycle marine battery to power the water pump is heavy for her to lift and maneuver. The pump it is intended to power is a Shurflo RV 12v/2.9 gpm.

Would I kill this unit by using it for this purpose?
Gooloo power bank
Gooloo power bank

Just
# Posted: 9 Apr 2018 16:37

My surflow says it draws 7amps @. 2.7gal someone else will have to do the math..

cspot
# Posted: 9 Apr 2018 16:55

I am sure if you aren't using the pump very much that it would work. Not sure how those things are about constant use/battery drain.

What about hooking up a small solar setup to the marine battery so that it could stay in place?

beachman
# Posted: 9 Apr 2018 17:45

Usually those boosters are for high cranking amps as opposed to deep long operating. I don't think this will last too long. You won't know until you try it. I doubt if it will cook the unit. It will likely just drain it quickly. You might consider lithium battery that the DIL can carry to the camp to run the pump. They are pretty light weight and could last for several months.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.