Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Lithium for Small System
<< . 1 . 2 .
Steve_S
# Posted: 28 Oct 2019 16:12

Gee wiz, I bought my Rolls S550's in 2015 for $340 CAD ea, their new updated versions are selling at $410 CAD. so FLA is no longer ANY option in my universe. LOL Ohhh and I get a bonus of having to drop 13% Tax on top, where as buying used can often avoid that extra "levy on living".

cspot
# Posted: 3 Nov 2019 20:57

I might be having to go to this option soon. My lead acid battery seems to be going downhill quickly. I was hoping to make it to Spring, but not sure that will happen.

Steve_S
# Posted: 4 Nov 2019 03:57 - Edited by: Steve_S

Cspot, I didn't re-read the thread but I came across these while searching for something:
Valence Lithium Battery U27-12XP | 12V 138AH 1.766 kWh
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Valence+138AH&_saca t=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Valence+100AH

selling from 400-499 ion the USA. A lot of Video's on them on YT as well as how to use the Built In BMS or even replace it with a different one.

cspot
# Posted: 4 Nov 2019 17:53

Thanks Steve, I will check it out.

Steve_S
# Posted: 5 Nov 2019 15:07

Actually, I asked Creeky about batteries and we went back & forth a bit, unfortunately that solution was not correct for me. After a heap of research, checking & double checking while entertaining various solutions, including assembling & building my own Powerwall or LifePO4 pack, I pulled the trigger on a "pack".

24VDC/400AH LifePO4 pack with built in BMS.
LifePo4 battery pack from ShunBin on Amazon.CA
REF LINKS:
Amazon Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07TWD17TZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF 8&psc=1
Amazon USA: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TWD17TZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UT F8&psc=1

24VDC/400AH LifePO4 with built in BMS
- They can be connected Serial / Parallel so it is possible to make a 24V/800AH or 48V/400AH etc... just add a pack and configure accordingly.
- The BMS is self contained and there are no options. I had asked if there was any wifi / Bluetooth or other connectivity like Modbus to monitor / maintain and adjust the BMS packs.
- Cell Brand Used is Lishen

Free S&H and expected deliver by Nov.26. I will be seriously digging into it but others are already doing so and I am following them, in fact it's because of them I chose this (photo's, videos, etc all torn apart & being tested)

They sell all sorts from 12V up and many various AH ratings. Can be customised too.

One BIG benefit of LifePO, they have a very close voltage profile to FLA making them easier to integrate with less hassles, another, is they will not burn or explode, unlike LiIon if something dumb is done to them.

cspot
# Posted: 5 Nov 2019 17:16

I have been researching, but I still come back that for my system the Battleborn battery is probably the best solution for me since I just have a simple 12V system. It would be a no hassle swap out. I just hope I can limp along with my lead acid until next year. I will see if I can do that. If not I will bite the bullet and buy the Battleborn.

Steve_S
# Posted: 5 Nov 2019 19:10

There are others that do identical as Battleborn, even Victron has a line of batteries out. Thing is, a lot of manufacturers are building factories & production of all forms of Lithium based batteries is increasing exponentially. Prices will only continue to fall. I really had no choice as I live here & now, so...

cspot
# Posted: 5 Nov 2019 19:22

Quoting: Steve_S
There are others that do identical as Battleborn, even Victron has a line of batteries out. Thing is, a lot of manufacturers are building factories & production of all forms of Lithium based batteries is increasing exponentially. Prices will only continue to fall. I really had no choice as I live here & now, so...

That is part of the reason I am hoping to squeak out some more time with my lead acid. My cabin is recreational use so I can hopefully get by for a while. My biggest fear is buying something and then 2 months later I could have saved some cash. Only good thing for me with a single battery 12V system my cash outlay won't be as bad as a larger system.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.