Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northern wisconsin cabin
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . 18 . 19 ... 33 . 34 . >>
trollbridge
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 11:54

Quoting: old buddy
Again...have a great Holiday Season and I hope your delivery goes smooth. I've already said a prayer for you and your family

Thank you so much OOB. Prayers are always appreciated (I am starting to get pretty nervous). You have a wonderful Holiday Season too with your family!

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 22:57

Thanks so much for the welcome, Troll bridge! I am "putting up" a cabin, but by the looks of it I am cheating. We are having the shell built by a local cabin builder. Then we will finish it off over time.

So
I have spent my last few days alternately shivering and roasting in our trailer and reading your posts and OOB's too. Wow you guys are amazing.

God's blessings on the coming event(s), baby and an additional grand. Praying all goes well for both of you. I am 50, in a couple of weeks, and past having anymote., but I still have "remembrance" sympathy.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Oct 2012 10:18

KS...You aren't cheating! Who cares how it got here...the best part is YOU will be the one who gets to enjoy it!!!! YAY!

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and prayers for the babies soon to come! I like that "remembrance" sympathy-lol- Happy birthday in a couple of weeks...I will turn 49 right after our baby is born...so beware! LOL!

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Nov 2012 12:59

Well...2 weeks until my due date so most likely these last 2 weekends were the end of the cabin for us for a while. I'm glad we had the opportunity to go. The weather this weekend was wonderful and we are feeling better about winter setting in and bringing a baby with us next time.

We got our bedroom walls painted and along the ceiling trimmed out and got our mudroom and indoor potty(pee) bucket built into a bench...love it, and don't have to worry about it getting tipped over-a good thing! The red paint took 3 coats and the bead board is always kinda tedious to paint. We need to get floor and window trim and a ceiling and door but for now it is good to be this far.

I really, really like the way our bedroom walls turned out-but pictures just don't do it justice. We cut the thinner edge off of the same church siding we have been using for walls and ran it vertically over the drywall screws and seams and inbetween those too. We primed and painted the painted, chippy side and it gave a nice "old time" texture to the walls and the best part was that it didn't cost anything hardly!

We also got firewood split for the winter. We broke down and bought an electric log splitter which worked like a charm- it was an inexpensive model so we were taking our chances but it worked like it should and saved much wear and tear on Mr. Trolls bad shoulder and our 15 year old was more than happy to just have to press a button!! They also worked on putting up temp walls on the tractor shed out of a big ol tarp we had used over the cabin before the shingles were on...hopefully it will hold up through this winter and not shred with the first windy day that comes along!

Oh, and we got the generator cord an outlet permanently attached to the cabin so that means no more extension cord running through the front door! YAY!

Here are some pics:
Oct._2021_2012up_.jpg
Oct._2021_2012up_.jpg
for you Bevis!
for you Bevis!
Oct._2021_2012up_.jpg
Oct._2021_2012up_.jpg

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Nov 2012 13:02

and...
pee bucket
pee bucket
bench
bench
bucket and garbage
bucket and garbage
storage too
storage too

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 Nov 2012 13:06

pics
red paint
red paint
bedroom
bedroom
walls- primed
walls- primed
shed
shed

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 19 Nov 2012 20:37

Ah ha!!!! Finally Tb's age is revealed!! I knew it would come out sooner or later.....ha....Im younger, I'm younger, HA, HA....

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Nov 2012 20:41

Yeah, a lot of wipper snappers around here. I feel quite old. Maybe we should have another kid.

Owen

shotgun
# Posted: 19 Nov 2012 20:58

Sounds like u have been really busy
Cabin is looking great
I really like your bear !! Very nice looks right at home.
Hope everything go's well
Have a great Thanksgiving!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 09:53

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
Ah ha!!!! Finally Tb's age is revealed!!

It wasn't any grand secret...Dec. 22nd-49th bday...you can bake me a cake...
Quoting: Sustainusfarm
.ha....Im younger, I'm younger, HA, HA....

Just means I'm wiser right??? HA HA!
Quoting: OwenChristensen
Yeah, a lot of wipper snappers around here. I feel quite old. Maybe we should have another kid.

I will say it does make you feel younger to be pregnant at 48....but ask me again after labor and delivery how old I'm feeling

Thanks shotgun! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving too!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 17:11 - Edited by: trollbridge

Doc said today I am beginning to dilate! Not something I typically do until I am overdue.................I'm not ready!!!..........I have 24 people coming for turkey dinner and guest beginning to arrive tonight to stay here! Oh my...gotta go unpack my "up north" bag and repack a "hospital" bag just in case

Keep your fingers crossed that this baby decides to stay in for another couple weeks...I'll keep my legs crossed!!!!

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 17:31

Trollbridge, you should KNOW babies come when they come. And if Murphy's law is intact, the little one will arrive in the middle of dinner.

They do their own thing. We make the best of it.

Will be praying all is as comfortable and easy as possible.

Onto the cabin. WOW! Did I say wow? That looks so good. And now the mite will have a beautiful place to come for a visit.

Gotta love the indoor loo. And the sturdy box. Yours makes so much sense. Space for sawdust, loo, and ever elusive storage. And looks great too.

Just built mine today. Since it is a temp, I didn't build fancy. But no possible tips. (I have almost tipped it three times in 2 months. I would NOT like to clean that up, so a beautiful box is necessary.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 17:38 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: KSalzwedel
(I have almost tipped it three times in 2 months.

Ha Ha!!! It takes some skill at first doesn't it??? Especially in the middle of the night when your half unconscious!!!
Trollbridge, you should KNOW babies come when they come.

Mine have all come 10 days late except when our doctor had his way! Only one arrived naturally out of the blue 3 days early with no signs of dilating whatsoever until labor started...little stinker-totally caught me off guard in the middle of the night!

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 17:45

My first two were late, no dilation. Went to the hospital and spent 24 and 22 hours respectively on a Pytocin drip. Nasty stuff. Means full labor pain, little production. Two to three pushes and out.

The last one came the NORMAL way. You know, real contractions, dilation. But he was too big to be delivered. After forceps, suction machine, and the time alloted by military hospitals for the final phase of labor past, the doc said C-section. I said, no, and pushed him out. Broke his collar bone, but we both healed very well (though my hips were a wreck going up stairs for a year).

Babies do their own thing, we can just ask God to do His.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 18:30

Yep...been there with the pitocin! Fun stuff.......my labors are not fast either nor have I ever had an epidural for pain. My doctor is great...won't rush the natural process and I am praying it all goes well and that I can stay on top of the pain-hate the idea of putting a needle in my back Funny what motivates us to do what we need to do huh?

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 18:32

You will do great. And you will welcome a beautiful new cabin dweller too!

I would have loved a cabin as a kid. I am making up for it now.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 18:35

I would have loved a cabin as a kid.

Me Too!

Thanks for the encouragement

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 18:36

I wasn't kidding about the prayers either. Travelling upwards now.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 18:39

Thank you! While those travel upward I am going to the car to travel westward to pick up the first of our Thanksgiving guest! Have a great evening!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Nov 2012 20:55

Quoting: trollbridge
Doc said today I am beginning to dilate! Not something I typically do until I am overdue.................I'm not ready!!!..........I have 24 people coming for turkey dinner and guest beginning to arrive tonight to stay here! Oh my...gotta go unpack my "up north" bag and repack a "hospital" bag just in case

Keep your fingers crossed that this baby decides to stay in for another couple weeks...I'll keep my legs crossed!!!!

So you have another in the oven in addition to the turkey??

oldbuddy
# Posted: 21 Nov 2012 06:00

We're praying for you all. Have a great Turkey Day and hopefully you'll deliver a few days later. Your cabin looks great!

Old Old Buddy

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 25 Nov 2012 21:25

TB...how are you doing?? Hope all is going well!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 26 Nov 2012 07:38

Yes, keep us posted.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 26 Nov 2012 08:40

got baby ????? yet????...keep us ~~~~in the loop please!!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 10:57

Well...whew, I made it through the full moon last night!!! That usually fills the maternity wards with laboring women! I even ventured out for some dickies BBQ. So good...had the pork and tangler tater. Yummy!

Mr. Troll is working an hour and a half away today and tomorrow in one of the twin cities burbs. His van was loaded floor to ceiling with carpet and pad...I hope I don't have to interrupt
their work! They were already looking forward to finding some buffet to eat lunch at-the 3 have gotten into the habit of eating at buffets almost daily for lunch...can't be good!

I made a promise to myself that today I would finish packing my bag and get to the store for a few items I need for my stay at our 5***** hospital...lol...actually it has all been remodeled and is beautiful...much like a 5 star hotel minus the champagne and bed mints! Great things happened to our small town clinic and hospital when Mayo clinic made us part of their network

Enough from me...thanks for keeping me in your thoughts God bless!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 11:15

TB. Have a great time on Pinterest ... I have had a bunch of action on there lately and I wonder if it was you and a few others on here!? Heading to the cabin tomorrow for some rest and relaxation in front of the fire! Gonna be in the 50's this weekend too!

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Nov 2012 11:33

Have a great time at the cabin! I actually thought about going to ours for the day on Saturday-it was a crazy thought but we won't. Gonna get our tree up and get ready for Christmas instead...that should be fun. Enjoy the mild weather this weekend!

That pinterest is neat...I'm still trying to figure it out.
We bought a new camera and tablet and I don't have much patience for learning new technology but I'm trying to force myself before the baby arrives...so between that and the pinterest I've had to do a lot of thinking lately...my brain is a fog though...I have had major 'pregnancy brain' this time...either that or I'm going senile!

ErinsMom
# Posted: 30 Nov 2012 17:49

TB,
Haven't been here for a while. Just catching up tonight. Thought you might had that baby by now! Will be thinking about you in the next few days. Will try to look in more often. New e-mail is wildwood(underscore)one(at)charter(dot)net. Like you will have time.

Montanan
# Posted: 30 Nov 2012 19:26

Wow- I've been out of the loop. So excited for you. I'll be watching for the updates and hoping everything goes smoothly with the delivery.

hattie
# Posted: 30 Nov 2012 19:47

Your cabin is looking great trollbridge. Keep us posted on the baby. Looks like there's lots of us here on baby watch with you.

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . 18 . 19 ... 33 . 34 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.