Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northern wisconsin cabin
<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . 18 . 19 ... 33 . 34 . >>
Tim
# Posted: 15 May 2012 21:09

Wow troll, love the bunk bed. The stone around the pass-through looks great too!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 15 May 2012 22:04

nice job on the bunk bed as well --ya'll's cabin is looking GREAT!!!!!

ErinsMom
# Posted: 16 May 2012 17:35

The water looks ever inviting.

hattie
# Posted: 16 May 2012 18:11

Oh I love the built in bunk beds. Your stone wall looks fabulous. Lots of work in that I bet!!

Anonymous
# Posted: 17 May 2012 13:51

Where abouts is this cabin in Wis?

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 May 2012 15:14 - Edited by: trollbridge

Thank you for the nice comments! We had fun with that bunk bed and using the left over wood that way worked out nicely.

Anonymous....this cabin is in northern Wisconsin. Why do you ask?

wakeslayer
# Posted: 17 May 2012 16:04

Looks great Trollbridge !! Love the stone work.

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 May 2012 17:29

wakeslayer....you are back!!!! Did ya have a great time at your cabin??? Did ya make it up the driveway? Hard to be back I bet!
Thanks...wanna finish the stone work for us?!? LOL!

Anonymous
# Posted: 18 May 2012 03:52

Quoting: trollbridge
Anonymous....this cabin is in northern Wisconsin. Why do you ask?

This cabin looks familiar. Just wondering where abouts it's located. I live in Brule

Bevis
# Posted: 18 May 2012 12:22

TB...DON'T

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 May 2012 12:34

Don't what Bevis??? I'm innocent............

now go to the woods.............................................

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 May 2012 12:37

Brule is to the east and beautiful! Our place is not visible from the road though, so you must be thinking of another place.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 18 May 2012 13:56

Yep, we got back Sunday night. No snow in the driveway at all. Got blocked driving up across the valley and had to walk a couple miles to take a hike down where the elk hang out that we watch from our place. Weather was gorgeous the whole time. We super cleaned for a couple days, had dinner and beers with friends a couple nights. Really only had one complete day of doing no work.
Spent two days in Moscow and reaffirmed that we love the area. Now to get to work here and get planning.

Montanan
# Posted: 18 May 2012 21:10

Fabulous! The archway looks great and that bunk bed is amazing! Oh man, I am itchin' to get up to the cabin (hubby and son are there this weekend!)

shotgun
# Posted: 19 May 2012 22:05

Really looks good trollbridge
I like the stone wall ,,Very Nice Job!

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2012 19:43

Fun weekend ...if you like RAIN...and lots of it!!!! We had 9 of us at the cabin this weekend and despite a TON of rain we had a good time!!! We celebrated birthdays Saturday(our 28 year old son) and our 3 year old granddaughter on Sunday. I am so pleased with how the cabin is so comfortable even with many people. We had a visit from a mama bear and her two cubs. They were on the porch going through a bag of garbage I set out thinking it would be safe cause of all the storms- I didn't figure bears would be out. We had to chase them away when they went to pull one of the coolers off the porch-again we didn't bring them in cause we figured it was too stormy for the bears--guess they don't care if they get wet! Here are a bunch of random pictures.
My 8 year old's birthday message to her brother. I cracked up when I read this in the outhouse!r
My 8 year old's birthday message to her brother. I cracked up when I read this in the outhouse!r
Yes...we are weird!
Yes...we are weird!
100_8865.JPG
100_8865.JPG
100_8876.JPG
100_8876.JPG

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2012 19:46

and more...what fun is mud if you can't play in it...and eventually fall in it too?
100_8828.JPG
100_8828.JPG
100_8837.JPG
100_8837.JPG
100_8867.JPG
100_8867.JPG
100_8874.JPG
100_8874.JPG

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2012 19:47

rain rain go away...come again some other day!
100_8880.JPG
100_8880.JPG
bridge and driveway holding their own.
bridge and driveway holding their own.

Tim
# Posted: 29 May 2012 21:14

Troll....looks like a had a blast! We had a birthday party Sunday for our 4 yr. old grand daughter too. What a coinsodence! No rain here though, which we badly need. Thanks for sharing the pics. Bet it was a great time!
Tim

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2012 22:24

Tim....we did have fun and it was so nice hearing Morgan wake up in the morning and declare that it was her birthday----she came running downstairs and jumped in our bed and said "Grandma, today is my birthday!!!!" with a big smile and big hugs to go with it!! So cute!

You can have all our rain! If there was a way to get it to you I would have gladly given it!!!! I couldn't believe the amount of water that fell from the clouds-it just kept coming and coming and coming! It sounded cool at night all hunkered in and cozy listening to the thunder and the rain hitting the roof but it sure made for a sloppy mess outside!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 30 May 2012 15:07

Here's another pic. of our bridge. It is not a restriction to get to our cabin, but just on the trail to the back 40.

Owen
our bridge
our bridge

ErinsMom
# Posted: 30 May 2012 18:51

TB,
The old church wall with sharp tools? Really? Makes me really nervous.
However, the photo of the rain clouds is awesome.
P.S. mud was meant to get between the toes.

hattie
# Posted: 30 May 2012 22:20

Your place is amazing!! Those storm clouds are really strange!!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 31 May 2012 05:58

TB--G R E A T pic's!!!! really like the decor---where did you get the moose antlers???
Glad you guys had a good trip --even with rain and bears...

trollbridge
# Posted: 31 May 2012 11:47 - Edited by: trollbridge

Thank you all of you

Not to worry erinsmom...the tools are all screwed down so nobody can get mad at me and come after me with an ax!!!!!(Lizzy Borden took an ax....gave her mother 40 whacks!!!! or was it 50???? LOL-Yikes!! They are old and dull too.

The moose antlers were a gift I gave my husband a couple birthdays ago for the cabin. My son cleaned up the remaining skull, wrapped it in leather and I snuck an old belt of my husbands and we used that to created something to hang it by. The antlers are a moose that an owner of a local antique shop had hunted out west.

Owen-I like your bridge and your screened porch with the pond and creek----wish we had a back 40!

Tim
# Posted: 6 Jun 2012 06:18

Hey Troll,
Everything alright? You haven't been on here in over a week. We miss you!

Bevis
# Posted: 7 Jun 2012 10:45

Trollbidge's mother is in town visiting from Florida.

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 10:56 - Edited by: trollbridge

Thanks Tim!
As Bevis pointed out my mother was here visiting and she is now with my brothers. We have also been busy with our daughters graduation and party and the end of the school year stuff. Busy time for sure!

I have enjoyed catching up on what is keeping everyone else busy these days!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 19:36

Have you WI cabin owners seen this one? I built it just south of Iron River.

Owen
Iron River
Iron River

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 19:51

We are going up there at the end of the month..will be in Moquah....blueberry pickin'!!

<< 1 ... 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 . 16 . 17 . 18 . 19 ... 33 . 34 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.