Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 12x16 storage shed in central WI
. 1 . 2 . >>
LDamm
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 11:30

Got the land this fall. Weather stayed so nice I got my shed dried in before the snow. (Just in time as it turned out)
Shed after snow
Shed after snow

LDamm
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 11:34

Had to put in some wood heat to keep my stored items warm
Vogelzang Defender
Vogelzang Defender

LDamm
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 11:41

Some reasons I have a shed in the woods..
Toys to store
Toys to store
The driveway in
The driveway in
Ready for some ice fishing
Ready for some ice fishing
Future log cabin style woodshed
Future log cabin style woodshed

neb
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 11:58

Very nice!!!

oldbuddy
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 12:18

LDamm
I love your neighborhood! The snow just seems to make everything so peaceful. Do you have any insulation in the cabin yet? I'll tell you.....my son and I put a ton of logs through the stove prior to insulation!

How about some interior photos? You look like you're "off the beaten path" aways. What are you planning for the exterior? I like the size of your windows. We realized over time that our windows were way to small so we put bigger ones in....particularly in the bunk-room addition we just compeleted this fall.

Welcome to the forum and keep us updated with photos.....lots of photos

Old Old Buddy

LDamm
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 15:58

Quoting: oldbuddy
Do you have any insulation in the cabin yet? I'll tell you.....my son and I put a ton of logs through the stove prior to insulation! How about some interior photos? You look like you're "off the beaten path" aways. What are you planning for the exterior? I like the size of your windows.

No insulation yet, just got it dry. Taking the winter off to enjoy the area. Will add the electric and finish in the spring. Stove takes the chill off but thats about it.
Hope to find a live edge lap siding from a local mill this summer.
Looks and feels off the beaten path, but its actually in a subdivision. Three acre lot on a cul d sac. Garbage pick up is Fridays

sugarriver73
# Posted: 11 Feb 2013 07:17

Ldamm, what county did you build in? Can you tell me anything about codes as far as size ? I'm currently looking to build a small cabin, and was born in Wi and always figured to move back

LDamm
# Posted: 11 Feb 2013 10:15 - Edited by: LDamm

I got to "store" some more stuff at the shed this weekend.
Storing a bed with homemade quilt made from two wool blankets
Storing a bed with homemade quilt made from two wool blankets
The old camp kitchen came out of the garage and into the shed
The old camp kitchen came out of the garage and into the shed
Found this on the curb, had to store it
Found this on the curb, had to store it

LDamm
# Posted: 11 Feb 2013 10:22

Also got a good start on the log cabin woodshed.
The setup
The setup
Heavy duty saw horse
Heavy duty saw horse
The lift
The lift

exsailor
# Posted: 11 Feb 2013 11:30

LDamm,
Your place is looking good, and have a great start. I see your logs and am a bit curious. How long are they and what is the diameter on the small end you are working with? They look to be over 20 feet long and about 8 inches on the small end. Good idea on your saw horses and lift. Your ahead of the game by keeping your peeled logs off the ground and on sacrificial racks. I look forward to seeing your progress.

LDamm
# Posted: 11 Feb 2013 16:38

Good eye. The logs are around 28 to 30 feet. 8" to 10" on the small end.

Bridgeboy
# Posted: 11 Feb 2013 17:10

LDamm,

Very nice and neat location. What are the dimentions of your shed?

Bridge boy

Bridgeboy
# Posted: 11 Feb 2013 18:19

LDamm,

Very nice and neat location. What are the dimensions of your shed?

Bridgeboy

LDamm
# Posted: 12 Feb 2013 06:39

The shed is 12 x 16 with a 4 foot covered porch. The Roof is 12/12 pitch with a 7 foot loft in the back.

trollbridge
# Posted: 12 Feb 2013 16:43

I love putting stuff n storage too

Have fun getting your logs ready-pretty exciting!

LDamm
# Posted: 18 Feb 2013 06:54

The finished pile is almost the size of the raw pile. Oh wait, I have another pile at the other end of the driveway.
Three more
Three more
I can see the bottom
I can see the bottom
The peels make a good base to work on
The peels make a good base to work on

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 18 Feb 2013 12:14

Nice work....we are in central Wisconsin also! Waushara county...Your place looks familiar! We had our place logged last year and have alot of logs to build with...thinking about a shed too! Here is a pic of our place Near Coloma, WI
20121231_08.08.20..jpg
20121231_08.08.20..jpg
20121231_08.08.43..jpg
20121231_08.08.43..jpg

LDamm
# Posted: 3 Jun 2013 13:16 - Edited by: LDamm

Spring has sprung at the shed. First order of business was a dock. Bad idea. Now with a dock, fish pole and a cup of coffee, I get nothing done.
Dock.JPG
Dock.JPG

LDamm
# Posted: 3 Jun 2013 13:21

Although sometimes I canoe.
Canoe.JPG
Canoe.JPG
The shed had a friend this week.
The shed had a friend this week.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jun 2013 13:31

LDamm -great pics.great cabin.beautiful nature all around.thanks for sharing.loved seeing all of this.love the table your kitchen camp stove is on.

LDamm
# Posted: 29 Oct 2013 07:03

Took two weeks vacation to work on the shed. Found a small sawmill down the road and he cut me some boards from some worm eaten, blue stained pine logs he had laying around. Now I can store things in style.
DSC_2091.JPG
DSC_2091.JPG
DSC_2093.JPG
DSC_2093.JPG

LDamm
# Posted: 29 Oct 2013 07:06

I also got a start on my log cabin wood shed.
DSC_2019.JPG
DSC_2019.JPG
DSC_2018.JPG
DSC_2018.JPG

creeky
# Posted: 29 Oct 2013 09:59

nice spot. whatcha catchin' off the dock?

LDamm
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 10:54

Quoting: creeky
whatcha catchin' off the dock

Mostly bluegill. But once a week I get a massive crappie

Gregjman
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 13:34

Sweet build. Our land is about a mile south of pearl lake.

Curious if anyone from the county has been involved (visited) your build? If so were there any concerns?

I want to just run a small cabin and get out of the tent but we have been entertaining the idea of a "1 car garage" maybe with a finished room in back. I can still pull a permit and have things legit that way I feel.

LDamm
# Posted: 31 Oct 2013 07:03

Quoting: Gregjman
Curious if anyone from the county has been involved (visited) your build? If so were there any concerns?

I had the county supervisor involved (walked the land with me 3 times) since before I bought the land. Very nice guy. I am following all regs and recommendations from him. I pulled a land use permit that allowed me to but in the driveway and storage shed (under 200 sq feet). When I get to building the cabin (min 22 x 22) I will pull a permit for that. All is good.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 2 Nov 2013 09:51

Hi ldamm, as you know I am in central WI as well... What sawmill did you use? I need some wood milled that I have cut...looks like they did a nice job!

Popeye
# Posted: 2 Nov 2013 14:54

Quoting: LDamm
once a week I get a massive crappie

Sounds like you need more fiber in your diet!

LDamm
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 07:44

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
Hi ldamm, as you know I am in central WI as well... What sawmill did you use? I need some wood milled that I have cut...looks like they did a nice job!

It a small mill just south of Waupaca on 22. Doesn't have a name. Owner is Mark Rice.

LDamm
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 07:55 - Edited by: LDamm

Moved the woodburner this weekend. Also added a wall between the non-kitchen and the non-bunks. Now I can sit on my curb picked couch and see the fire, birdfeeder and lake all at once.
Stove w/ breakfast warming
Stove w/ breakfast warming
New piping
New piping
The new non-living room
The new non-living room
Bunk "room"
Bunk "room"

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.