Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 12x16 cabin in va
<< . 1 . 2 .
Rick004
# Posted: 25 May 2013 06:25

That's gonna finish it off beautifully !! Are You painting the smart side panels ? Have a great weekend !!

Purplerules
# Posted: 25 May 2013 10:19

Love your cabin, it is looking really cute!
Thanks for all the pictures, I love being able to journey with you through them.

vacabin
# Posted: 9 Jun 2013 14:36 - Edited by: vacabin

Finished installing siding and installing shingles hope to get windows installed Monday. I'm in the process of building a board and batten door then I will completely dried in!!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

tcmatt
# Posted: 9 Jun 2013 21:21

Nice Job! I've got a 12x16, too. Looking forward to seeing pics of inside.

vacabin
# Posted: 16 Jun 2013 07:38

Started installing windows
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

vacabin
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 19:43

Progress has been slow lately been busy cutting hay.Had a little time today started trimming around windows.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Taiwin
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 00:53

Great job. Thanks for sharing

vacabin
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 07:45

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.The plan is to Finnish windows and get door installed this week

Josh8880
# Posted: 24 Jun 2013 07:01

Vacabin,
I'm building a 12 by 16 in ny, and would love to see your plans! If you don't mind, could you also send an email my way? My email is josh8880@aol.com. Thanks, I love that headroom in the loft. Josh

vacabin
# Posted: 28 Jun 2013 07:34

Josh your email has been sent.

vacabin
# Posted: 21 Jul 2013 07:40

Finished insulating and started installing some paneling
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

vacabin
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 10:28

Progress has been a little slow but i did find some old pallets I took apart and started installing on the front wall of cabin
wall_boards.JPG
wall_boards.JPG

ErinsMom
# Posted: 14 Aug 2013 17:41

I love the pallet idea.

vacabin
# Posted: 22 Aug 2013 06:34

Got front door roughed in still need to Finnish up some jamb work and trim around door.
image.jpg
image.jpg

vacabin
# Posted: 28 Aug 2013 09:11 - Edited by: vacabin

Finished installing door jambs and trim
image.jpg
image.jpg

hattie
# Posted: 28 Aug 2013 13:03

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

vacabin
# Posted: 6 Sep 2013 09:31

Thanks for the compliment hattie got a couple pics of the interior around the front door.
cabin_inside.JPG
cabin_inside.JPG
cabin_inside_2.JPG
cabin_inside_2.JPG

vacabin
# Posted: 25 Sep 2013 07:33 - Edited by: vacabin

found a returned counter top at lowes for 60 bucks just mocked it up to see how it will look installed.
cabin_counter.JPG
cabin_counter.JPG

Salty Craig
# Posted: 28 Oct 2013 20:26

Sweet digs man. I gotta cabin on the Northern Neck.

vacabin
# Posted: 25 Mar 2014 14:17

been awhile since i posted last but still making progress. Got my floor installed over the weekend wanted to go with hardwood but was able to salvage this laminate for free.
cabin_floor.jpg
cabin_floor.jpg

ErinsMom
# Posted: 25 Mar 2014 18:04

That floor looks mighty good esp. free!

peachnboo
# Posted: 26 Mar 2014 13:36

I love all of your progress! I'm in VA as well. Looking to start the foundation of our 12x16 soon!

peachnboo
# Posted: 3 Apr 2014 13:20

vacabin -

I'm looking at the exact same layout. My plans are for a 10x16 so I'm bumping them out by 2 feet and adjusting the floor joist size to build a 12x16. I didn't think about 10' walls but now, after seeing your cabin, i think we're definitely going that route so we can put in a useable loft. I've been super nervous about how to engineer a safe loft since I've got kids that will be up there but your mention of sistering 2x6 jack studs makes a lot of sense. I've been talking with my dad about my cabin and I've told him that I'm nervous that I'm going to make a huge rookie mistake. He made me feel better when he told me he had to tear down the forts I built 25 years ago when we lived in Alaska. Apparently I have a tendency to "overbuild". I'll waste a little money any day to make sure something isn't going to fall down!

Thanks again for your pictures - I think I'm almost ready to pull the trigger . If you have a take off list you could share, I'd GREATLY appreciate it. It'd make me feel better that I wasn't forgetting a major chunk of my wood purchase.

Thanks!

vacabin
# Posted: 17 Jul 2014 18:03

worked on clearing a spot for fire pit area and hope to be adding a 10x12 porch soon.
clearing.JPG
clearing.JPG

vacabin
# Posted: 22 Sep 2014 10:20 - Edited by: vacabin

Scored a dometic propane fridge,suburban 16,000 btu furnace,and 4 burner propane oven for $200 this weekend.
dometic.jpg
dometic.jpg

tomhoover
# Posted: 22 Oct 2014 08:38

vacabin
I'd love to have a copy of your plans, too. tchoover@gmail.com

Tom

pdjohn63
# Posted: 4 Nov 2014 11:33 - Edited by: pdjohn63

I am a newby and have been in the talking phase of my cabin for a couple of years now. I have been saving and am now ready to start on my 12x16 cabin. i would also like a copy of your plans if that is possible, 10 ft. walls may be just what will make this loft cabin seem much bigger. i love what you have done with your cabin....looks awesome! brotherpauld@hotmail.com

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.