Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / It begins!
<< . 1 . 2 .
Jabberwocky
# Posted: 18 Aug 2017 08:38

Very cool. Looks good!

Cracy
# Posted: 14 Sep 2017 00:17

Quoting: benny8
The excavator then went back to work on the driveway and cabin site. We took a ride back up that evening and was very pleased with his work. My dad and I spent yesterday building a jamb for the Shamp door. We prehung it and bored the knob and deadbolt papers please apk holes. Fingers crossed that things will dry out a little more this week so maybe, this weekend we can pour sonotubes.

Driveway looking towards road

Shamp site

Driveway looking towards Shamp site

Road looking down driveway

It looks really wonderful. I think that's an unforgetable experience. I wish I can do it

newfoundcamp
# Posted: 10 Oct 2017 20:31

Looks great. Any interior pics? Anyone here knows...building a cabin is a labor of love! Awesome job.

benny8
# Posted: 18 Oct 2017 03:56

We wrapped things up for the year the first week of October to concentrate our time on hunting and filling the freezer. We are way ahead of our original schedule.
Pine Flooring
Pine Flooring
Bath Nook
Bath Nook
Living room
Living room
bath/bedroom
bath/bedroom

benny8
# Posted: 18 Oct 2017 03:58

Heres a few more with the cabinets in place.
cabinets/bath
cabinets/bath
bath
bath
battery bank for LED lights
battery bank for LED lights

Borrego
# Posted: 18 Oct 2017 19:02

Super nice!!! Keep up the good work....

Redneck7
# Posted: 30 Apr 2018 21:32

Looks awesome, great work and fast too. I have a question, why do you refer to it as a “Shamp” ? Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming!

benny8
# Posted: 23 Jan 2019 08:59

Quoting: Redneck7
I have a question, why do you refer to it as a “Shamp” ?

Sorry for the delayed response Redneck. It is our Shed/Camp=Shamp.

benny8
# Posted: 23 Jan 2019 09:05

Here are some updated pics.
Purchased a dent sale RV cooktop/oven and built a cabinet for it to put on the porch for our outdoor kitchen. We installed our ceiling and got the interior trim work up. We also got sick of the uncomfortable futon and built a platform bed for our queen matress with drawers underneath for storage and clothes.
outdoor kitchen
outdoor kitchen
trim work
trim work
platform bed
platform bed
platform
platform

benny8
# Posted: 23 Jan 2019 09:14

We had our Labor Day get together up there and we added some décor and put up temporary panels for Deer camp and winter.
interior
interior
Old Glory
Old Glory
Labor Day
Labor Day
decor
decor

benny8
# Posted: 23 Jan 2019 09:17

This was the enclosure. it looks a bit hob cob in front, but it was built with free materials. I can deal with it.
Winter 2018
Winter 2018
enclosure1
enclosure1
enclosure2
enclosure2
enclosure3
enclosure3

benny8
# Posted: 6 May 2019 04:13

Shamp life is great! For those wondering, we call our cabin the Shamp=Shed/camp. Its our slice of heaven!

OraLabora
# Posted: 7 May 2019 10:22

Wow, I'm pretty impressed; especially for the price. Looking sharp!

Brettny
# Posted: 7 May 2019 12:11

What size is the cabin and what size porch is that? Looks like it fits the family real well.

benny8
# Posted: 14 May 2019 10:26

Cabin is 16x20, porch is 8x16. It works real nice for our family. Enclosing the porch this year to a 3 season to allow escape from the NH state bird(mosquitos) and a place for added sleeping area.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.