Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Drones as a cool tool
darz5150
# Posted: 14 May 2019 23:05

I got a quad copter a few weeks ago. After I got the hang of flying it. I practiced getting good video shots. I figured I would use it to inspect my roof. I haven't been up there for a few years. Anyhoos, I was able to locate a small dip in the roof that you can't see from the ground. Went in the attic and found the spot. I guess I had stepped on an H clip. Checked out the rest of the roof. Turbine vent, tarred seams and solar panel mounts gutters etc. All good. Plus I didn't have to climb a ladder. 👍
Now here's the funny part. I flew it across the creek from the cabin. Turned it to take some pics. And then I realized I never finished painting the side of the outhouse that sits on a steep bank of the creek. That outhouse has been there 13 years and I never noticed that.
So if you already have all the tools you need. For about the same price as a decent cordless drill. You can get a good inspection camera that you can have fun with when your not inspecting things. LOL.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.