Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Propane Plumbing
<< . 1 . 2 .
ICC
# Posted: 11 Jul 2019 21:36

Quoting: paulz
Why is black pipe used over galvanized?

Nothing to do with price. Galvanized pipe may shed flakes of the zinc galvanizing, which can cause problems with plugging small orifices in the jets.

paulz
# Posted: 25 Jul 2019 15:32

I bought an inexpensive cooktop to replace my camping unit. It came with a hose and regulator so I hooked it up to a 20lb tank to test it out. Works fine. I kmow having tanks indoors is a no no but it sure was handy turning off the tank before bed.

Anyway I guess the next step is iron pipe through the floor, a T, two valves and flex pipes.
0725190723_HDR.jpg
0725190723_HDR.jpg

NorthRick
# Posted: 25 Jul 2019 15:52 - Edited by: NorthRick

Quoting: paulz
After further investigation, it says you push the knob and turn. I guess the push triggers the igniter.

One of the camp stoves we have sounds similar to this. You have to push the knob in before it will turn. However, the "click" indicating that the igniter fired doesn't happen until you actually turn the knob to high (first setting).

It usually lights off with a big burst of flame. I'm not crazy about that but it does work.

paulz
# Posted: 25 Jul 2019 16:44

Yep that's how this one works. Like a dope I stuck my ear by the burner and slowly turned the knob to see if gas comes out before the click. Ah the smell of burnt beard. That's the second time I've almost killed myself today.

darz5150
# Posted: 25 Jul 2019 22:23

That's a good story Paulz. My brother did a similar no no a few years back with a new gas grill he assembled. He didn't have the igniter wire pushed on far enough. He did a couple two or three knob turns...click...turn ...click... Then pushed the wire on the igniter connector. Fortunately that fixed the problem. Unfortunately he left the lid closed while checking the piezo wire......whoosh...baboom!! The grill lit and blew the lid off, about 20 feet in the air, also removing portions of his facial hair! Thank fully I was there to throw some Budweiser burn cream in his face. Lol

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.