Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northern wisconsin cabin
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 33 . 34 . >>
oldbuddy
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 07:44

Congratulations once again on your new baby grandson. My wife and I just found out in the past few days that our son (Old Buddy) and daughter-in-law are expecting their second baby. I guess he wasn't as tired as he let on working on the cabin this past month or so! We're very excited. Sounds like we better think about building on....if this keeps up, right Trollbridge?

Old Old Buddy

hattie
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 10:51

Congratulations trollbridge!! *S*

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 14:51

Thank you all! He is very, very cute and we are so happy he arrived healthy!!!
Quoting: oldbuddy
My wife and I just found out in the past few days that our son (Old Buddy) and daughter-in-law are expecting their second baby. I guess he wasn't as tired as he let on working on the cabin this past month or so! We're very excited.

yea...congratulations Old Old Buddy...I think you are right...you must not have been working him too hard!!!!!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 14:56

On the down side our grandson born almost 6 months ago is going to have another surgery on Friday. They will be moving his ureters up higher onto the top of his bladder. He has kidney re flux so his urine backs up around his kidneys which isn't good. It can cause infections and the kidneys to not grow properly. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please and I will keep you posted.

Montanan
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 13:25

Sending good thoughts- hope the surgery goes smoothly and the recovery is quick.

Old old buddy~ congrats on your growing brood of grandchildren!

hattie
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 13:47

We'll be praying for him trollbridge. Our good thoughts are going your way!

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 15:14

Thank you to the both of you.
Hattie- how is Bob doing? How about you? Hope the recovery is going smoothly :)

ErinsMom
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 19:56

tb,
hope all is well with grandson.
pleased to get your email but now i can't remember my new e-mail password. i have crs syndrome (can't remember s*).

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 20:02

Quoting: ErinsMom
tb,hope all is well with grandson.

x 2--prayers sent for the little fellow.

trollbridge
# Posted: 27 Jan 2012 16:09 - Edited by: trollbridge

Surgery went well. It took longer than they anticipated which is enough to make me go crazy with anxiety. That is about all I really know right now. Thank you once again for your prayers and kind words. I do appreciate it much!
Pre surgery wearing his hospital gown- poor guy!
Pre surgery wearing his hospital gown- poor guy!

hattie
# Posted: 27 Jan 2012 18:09

Quoting: trollbridge
Hattie- how is Bob doing? How about you? Hope the recovery is going smoothly :)

We're doing great here. Bob is feeling perfectly normal - goes to see the cardiologist in Feb. for a follow-up. The beta blockers are making his pulse REALLY slow (under 50) but hopefully they will lower the dose after we see the doctor in Feb.

The heroes who saved him are going to be getting certificates and the main guy who did CPR will be receiving a medal in February!! The ambulance attendants put their names in for it. Bob and I will be at the ceremony to thank them again!

Your grandson is soooooo cute!!! Keep us posted how he is doing please.

trollbridge
# Posted: 28 Jan 2012 23:58 - Edited by: trollbridge

Hattie I am so glad that Bob is doing well and the ceremony will be a very emotional one indeed! Very cool though because your story and the outcome were wonderful. I'm sure there will not be a dry eye...

Our little Preston is doing well and we are hopeful that tomorrow he will be able to come home! Babies are so resilient.

Happily our new grandson Cody is doing very well and his sister has decided that he can stay! He looks just like his sister too.

and Hattie you know better than anyone how when it rains it sometimes pours. This morning we found out that our 9 year old niece has Leukemia. We are obviously very shocked and saddened by the news. We are waiting to hear more. If ever prayers were needed now would be the time. My 8 year old daughter and her are best friends. Our niece is the beautiful blond haired girl in pictures a couple pages back. She seemed so healthy when she was at the cabin. Sad.

hattie
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 01:01

This morning we found out that our 9 year old niece has Leukemia.

Oh how terrible. I will keep her in my prayers!!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 05:32

This morning we found out that our 9 year old niece has Leukemia.

If ever prayers were needed now would be the time.

just said a prayer for her-----

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 11:10

Thank you both of you. Yesterday was a very difficult day for us...especially having not much information yet. We stayed busy helping a friend move and going to dinner with him which was really nice (he knows my brother and his family from many different family events). I chatted with Martian last night and that really helped too-thank you Martian.

We haven't heard if our grandson will be coming home today or not. I'm sure they are anxiously awaiting the doctor to visit. I can't wait to see him when he does get home. I am going to spend time with my granddaughter Morgan this afternoon. I am looking forward to it.

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

oldbuddy
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 19:05

We (our home) are all praying for your grandson and neice. I have always understood that God will never give us more than we can handle....but sometimes you just hope you can hold up to everything.

Last Sunday a friend of ours from church was worried because she was suppose to be going in the following day for out-patient corratid artery surgery and was so scared. I teased her and told her the doctor would be using something similar to a 3/8" drill bit and she slapped me on the arm and told me to "quit scaring me."
I reassured her that she would be fine and named several people that had been through it and she said, "You know there's a 1-2% risk factor." She was very healthy, had no risk factors and my wife also told her she would be fine.

During the surgery a blood-clot broke loose and went to her brain. She died Friday afternoon. We are still at a loss of words for an explanantion. She was so full of life. It was as though there had been a terrible car-crash or something for her to be so healthy on Monday and dying by Tuesday evening. They took her off life-support on Friday.

Sometimes I think I should go to bed an hour early just to make sure I get through all my prayers.

Anyway......whenever you can Trollbridge......get those kids to CABIN!

Old Old Buddy

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 20:02

Thank you Old,Old Buddy.

Life is really precious isn't it? Never to be taken for granted either and yet we all do...until something happens to bring us back to reality. I am sorry for the loss of your friend...and her family must be devastated. I will keep your family and her family in my prayers too.

I just got home from my grandson's house. We timed our arrival with their arrival home from the hospital. We ran to the pharmacy to pick up his antibiotic and pain meds. They would not have made it before the pharmacy closed and the hospitals pharmacy was closed all day today...which seems weird to me but whatever...

Preston smiled and seemed to be pretty comfortable but has that incision all the way across his belly so you have to be careful with him. I am relieved that he is home and hope his exhausted parents can get some much needed rest.

Montanan
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 15:45

So glad that your grandson is home and healing. What a terrible shock about your niece, though. Sending good thoughts- kids are amazing and I am confident she'll come through it successfully.

Old old buddy~ so sorry about your friend. How tragic. :(

ErinsMom
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 17:18

trollbridge,
In response to your message this early am (I was up), no! I must reset my account due to CRS syndrome. I still can't remember my gmail password.
I'm glad grandson is doing well. Will pray for niece.

old old buddy,
there are no words... having been a nurse since the late 70s, I truly believe that God has a reason.

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 17:51

Thanks Montanan...I hope so!

ErinsMom...thank you for the prayers...now go reset that password!!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 30 Jan 2012 20:40

I had to come down stairs...upstairs my 8 year old has been on the phone with her cousin and I can't take listening to them. You should hear this conversation-they sound like young adults talking. While I'm happy that they able to talk with each other hearing them is just so sad.

My nieces mother sure suddenly knows an awful lot about Leukemia...she explained it very well to me. A crash course she never intended to take.She sounds absolutely exhausted and has not left the hospital even once since she arrived on Friday.

Good Lord...I know there is a reason this has happened but I sure don't understand why! It makes me angry and resentful and yet I wish it on no other. Something good has to come out of this.

Again, if you can find the room, please keep this sweet little girl and her family in your prayers for me.

naturelover66
# Posted: 31 Jan 2012 20:21

TB... So sorry to hear about your little neice....

Montanagirl
# Posted: 31 Jan 2012 22:14

Aycarumba! My heart is just filled with emotion reading this thread and others today! Prayers all around for all of us . . . Funny, we are brought here by a common "hobby" or "passion" and find ourselves touched deeply by others whom we have never met . . .I was on FB today and read of a tragedy posted by a friend of a friend . . . another person whom I do not know . . . My prayer list is long tonight . . . God Bless all of you. . .

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 16:43

Thank you naturelover66 and Montanagirl-------God Bless you too.

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Feb 2012 10:28

Going up north this afternoon after school is done and can't wait!!!!!!!!! Don't know what we are working on, but we won't probably do much...mostly need to relax after the stresses of the week. Have a great weekend!

LakeSuperior5
# Posted: 3 Feb 2012 14:41

I am behind on my reading. My heart breaks, so much sad news but also some happy endings I see. Sending prayers and long distance hugs.

hattie
# Posted: 3 Feb 2012 14:56

I hope you have a great weekend trollbridge!! I'm still keeping your family in my prayers.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 3 Feb 2012 21:03

Be safe. Have a restfull BUT productive weekend. I keep you, hattie, cabingal3 and all cabin forum members in my prayers.

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 00:12

Thanks you Lake Sup5, Hattie and ErinsMom...we did have a very nice weekend.

We were not going to do a whole lot of work but you know how one thing leads to another...

we installed our smoke detectors and we found out they do work...that was when we used the chain saw inside...um...I know, kinda stupid to do but hey...sometimes it is just easier than dragging a heavy log outside again :-)

We also got our ground faults all done... as well as staining and chinking the walls that Mr. Troll got up last time. I'm pretty good at painting those grooves...almost a shame we are finished!

We tore apart our temp. kitchen in order to permanently install our mismatched kitchen cabinetry. They are from the reuse shop but when it is all painted it will look fine and it won't be noticeable. This was very putzy work...the kind I don't like...but it sure feels good to have it done now!

We also traipsed all over our property looking for a tree trunk that had a nice arch to it. This will be part of our wall between the kitchen and living room and will have stone work around it too. We are free styling here...never before done this and feeling a little nervous, but I think it will turn out interesting hopefully. We both are "whimsically challenged" so it's tough for us to go against the laws of symmetry and balance!! Our next trip up we will be in search of the perfect "tree crotch" to hold the arch log in place. When it is further along I will post pics...right now it would be a little odd looking...even I am trying to get use to it :)

Lastly we discovered that a full size mattress is shorter than a Queen size mattress.............OOPS.......had to bring the beds side rails back home so our son can lengthen them by 4 inches at his place of work. Handy to have a son who work for a metal fabricating business :-)

Once we arrived at the cabin we stayed put the whole weekend...that rarely happens cause we usually have to run to the building supply store for something we forgot or need. Felt very good!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 07:02

TB--glad you guys had a fun and got some things done it's good to go to camp and not leave for a weekend---i have the prefect arch tree for ya!!!!! the snow blowed one over a fire break several years ago, and it stayed that way.Always hated to cut it down.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 33 . 34 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.