Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 16x28 Ulrich shell to become cabin in the woods
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . >>
tnky03
# Posted: 28 May 2013 23:45

Purplerules, your cabin looks great. I love the metal ceiling and plan to use it on my kitchen ceiling. I really like your shower curtains, too! Is one the "Bonnie Blue Flag"?

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2013 16:07

I like your leather chairs
Two weeks in June? How wonderful that will be! You will get tons, and tons of work done makes me jealous!

Purplerules
# Posted: 29 May 2013 19:50 - Edited by: Purplerules

When we went on vacation last week, we had the opportunity to go horseback riding and at the stables they had a cabin that was the welcome center. They had done some neat things with it so I took some pictures and thought I would share them.

The last picture on the right is how we would like to finish out the gully that runs across our property.
bucket sink
bucket sink
back porch
back porch
side porch
side porch
dry creek like bed
dry creek like bed

Purplerules
# Posted: 29 May 2013 20:03

tnky03 - Thanks, I saw it in the model cabin and decide the corrugated roof was they way I wanted to go. Seems to make it brighter inside.

trollbridge - Thanks, they were a great find at non other than TJMaxx. I know crazy right. They were well under $200.
Sometimes you just luck in to things.

And we had to change the plans to two weekends and 1 week instead of two weeks. But we hope to get another week in August.

Hope all have a great opportunities to get to their cabins this summer.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 May 2013 22:33

Thank you for sharing the photos of the welcome center. Those porches certainly say "welcome" to me I love the sink, too!

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 Jun 2013 00:39 - Edited by: Purplerules

Our last trip to the cabin we decide to take a break on it.
And instead put up one of those portable garage canopies so we could get some of the building supplies out of the cabin. It was just getting cluttered and hard to maneuver around inside.
We put it up on the back of the property in a very thicketed area in hope that it will be protected and hard to find since there is no way to lock it up.
So far it it looks like we do not have to worry about the area where said property is. Talking to neighbors, they said there have not been any thefts, Hope that remains true. Most of them leave things out and they seem to be there the next time we are down there.

This weekend we go for 8 days and hope to get lots done and play alittle in the lake.

Happy summer to All!

Purplerules
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 22:58

Well we had to cut our time at the cabin short by a weekend, the little one came down with an outer ear infection so we had to get home to get her in to the doctor by Friday. We got many things done, but not all that we wanted. I did not get many pictures. I thought I would have time after we cleaned up the work mess after getting the job done. Not!
I will post the few once I get them download from camera.

Purplerules
# Posted: 26 Jun 2013 23:56

The new watering hole at the cabin
Ah...so refreshing!
Ah...so refreshing!

tnky03
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 09:28

Quoting: Purplerules
The new watering hole at the cabin

Nice, looks like a great place to be on a hot summer day!

Purplerules
# Posted: 7 Jul 2013 09:39

Having fun at the cabin. Getting lots done. One accident, I fell and think I have a bruised or cracked rib. Will post some new pics later this week once we are home.

Kudzu
# Posted: 7 Jul 2013 14:18

Great looking watering hole, I have owned a few of them myself.

Purplerules
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 00:22 - Edited by: Purplerules

Here are a few of the friends we have to share the property with.
The last pic adds to a total of 5 being seen in or around the cabin so far.
2nd set of baby birds
2nd set of baby birds
watching me with my morning coffee
watching me with my morning coffee
This one I could live with out

jrbarnard
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 09:29

awesome read! love the pics!

Russ

tnky03
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 15:47

Yikes! I hate those things. Your other friends there look pretty cool, love the owl pic.

Purplerules
# Posted: 14 Jul 2013 22:12

Our last trip to the cabin we decide to take a break on it.
And instead put up one of those portable garage canopies so we could get some of the building supplies out of the cabin.
Temporary storage garage
Temporary storage garage

Purplerules
# Posted: 16 Aug 2013 23:59

Well there is an interesting story about the portable garage. We did have a break in. Hubby decide to store a bag of deer corn in there.
And as you can guess it was all over the place but mostly gone. But the deer did not get it ...a racoon did. And he ejoyed sitting on the seat of our riding mower. Thank goodness his claws did not tear the seat.

Purplerules
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 00:37

Now to add some photos.
Do you find you are doing more things for temporary living at the cabin than the actual permanent things?
For example we started with a simple out door shower, then had to update. When it is not the final indoor shower that we plan to have.
Then there is this:
Before: First attempt at setting up pool
Before: First attempt at setting up pool
After: Updated
After: Updated

Purplerules
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 00:39

Here is one of my side of the road finds
shower pan
shower pan

Purplerules
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 00:45 - Edited by: Purplerules

Two of my favorite purchase for the cabin.
The bathroom vanity came with a copper sink,
Sears riding mower
Sears riding mower
June_2013_041.JPG
June_2013_041.JPG
bathroom vanity & mirror
bathroom vanity & mirror

Purplerules
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 01:10

The last projects to be worked on this past month were the insulation 80% complete, electrical 95% complete, & the metal ceiling 90% complete. He also change out the 2X4 rafters for cedar 4x4. We paneled part of the bedroom too. It is really starting to take shape and hubby is excited to try and get most on the inside complete by our 1 year mark which comes in Oct.
New beams
New beams
Bedroom paneling
Bedroom paneling
Edged kitchen counter with rope
Edged kitchen counter with rope

Purplerules
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 18:19

Off to the cabin we go this weekend

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 18:51

Have a GREAT time!!! Your place is looking wonderful....don't work too hard!

Purplerules
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 09:14

We had a nice time at the cabin got alot done. But was it ever hot.
Glad we put in the 10x10 pool it has been a lifesaver to take a dip in a cool off. Plus our little 7yr old could not have made it throught the summer with out it.
Some pic of projects:
Our 1/2 log wall
Our 1/2 log wall
How the paneling looks.
How the paneling looks.
Put back together after
Put back together after
Loft view
Loft view

Purplerules
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 09:23

A couple of cute things

Purplerules
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 09:25

Location, Location, Location
decor pillow
decor pillow
Hubbies new shirt
Hubbies new shirt

Purplerules
# Posted: 30 Oct 2013 09:58 - Edited by: Purplerules

Ok well it has been awhile since I posted anything, but much has happened. We went to the cabin on a overnight material run on Oct.11th. Just before we were about to head home I said to hubby, "Let's take a walk to the back of our property were the hill is". Once there I notice dozer tracks, looked up and to my right and to my surprize someone had blazed a path from the top of our hill down the side, through another property owners barbed wire fence all the way to the lake. We later found out it was one of the new lot owners who decided to make a easier lake access when he wants to go fishing. But he does not own said properties. So we are worried that the Lakefront property owner will think we did it, so that is why I am documenting it here.
New blazed trail to Lake
New blazed trail to Lake

Purplerules
# Posted: 3 Nov 2013 00:09

Well another quick trip to the property. As on Fri. We heard the area had 8.25 inches of rain and our neighbor text us that our dry gully was out of its banks. Sure enough some of the water flowed through our temporary garage and got things wet. spent the day drying out. We have never seen the lake this high since owning the property. Found so much material pushed down stream that it created a 5' dam across gully.
image.jpg
image.jpg

missouriboy
# Posted: 4 Nov 2013 17:38

But he does not own said properties.

That is down right rude. I believe I would be putting up a No Trespassing sign along with having a conversation with said new neighbor. Ask and I would gladly let you cross my property to get to a fishing hole, but don't ask and do something like this, you can take the long way around.

Purplerules
# Posted: 4 Nov 2013 22:46

missouriboy - we were just speechless when we found it. Sort of in shock that someone would have the nerve to do that without asking us, much less the lakefront property owner. Hubby let it know that he was not too happy about, but we also do not want to make any emenies, since we are the new guys on the block so to speak! Alot of tight knit people who work at the local coal mine. Nice enough so far.
And we would like to keep it that way.

Purplerules
# Posted: 4 Nov 2013 22:58 - Edited by: Purplerules

Some projects that got done in Oct.
Installed a window in the loft.
The whole back wall is finished with the 1/2 logs.
Will add that pic once I get them loaded off camera.
And of course our bridge floated down creek, so we had to hunt them down and put them back after the Big rain. But at least the lake is full once again after the summer drought.
After: Loft wall with wall lights
After: Loft wall with wall lights
Loft Before
Loft Before
make shift bridge to get to back of property
make shift bridge to get to back of property

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.