Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 16x28 Ulrich shell to become cabin in the woods
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 .
Purplerules
# Posted: 4 Sep 2015 00:32

Thanks for the kind words.

darleneandblake
# Posted: 2 Nov 2015 20:55

Update, our cabin is finished and we love it. Spending every weekend at it. It ended up being a 16 x 32 with an extra 6 ft porch. Our roof is barn style rood giving us more head room in the loft. I would love to share some photos, but not sure I know how.

Rowjr
# Posted: 3 Nov 2015 10:06

very nicely done

Mulehollowfolks
# Posted: 4 Nov 2015 15:38

Gonna try to upload some photos of our cabin that looks like Purplerules. Name has been changed to protect the innocent. LOL
IMG_1254_4.jpg
IMG_1254_4.jpg
IMG_1253_2.jpg
IMG_1253_2.jpg

Mulehollowfolks
# Posted: 4 Nov 2015 19:14

roughed in cabin
May_1c.JPG
May_1c.JPG

Mulehollowfolks
# Posted: 4 Nov 2015 19:16

tin roof is on
DSCF2006.JPG
DSCF2006.JPG

Mulehollowfolks
# Posted: 4 Nov 2015 19:21

D Logs going on
DSCF2004.JPG
DSCF2004.JPG

Purplerules
# Posted: 5 Nov 2015 10:31

Mulehollowfolks- sweet cabin, thanks for sharing. That stove unit is to die for. Love all the natural wood.

Darlene- have you had a chance to figure out how to post some pics? Would love to see your place. You guys completed that fast.

Purplerules
# Posted: 5 Nov 2015 10:38

Update on the last thing we have worked on. Since purchasing the land next door with the cottage we are not using the cabin as much. It is now our guest house. Since it is not being used much we decided to just paint the wood floor instead of investing in flooring. (May put it in at at a latter time)
Will posted completed pic soon.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Purplerules
# Posted: 13 Jun 2016 08:46

Well we finally did it!! We now live permanently at the property.
The cabin has been getting a lot of use now as people have realized how nice and comfy it is. Most holidays it is booked up.
Although I miss the time when we were staying in it and working on it. Those were very special times and many memories made.

I love reading all the folks who are just starting their builds and remember all the excitement and planning that was.

Now we are on to the second faze of starting a garden, chickens, and the possibility of solar and rain catchment.
Trying to get self sufficient as possible.

Mulehollowfolks
# Posted: 17 Jun 2016 12:31

We finally got a porch built on the front of cabin. This is our quiet place. Love it.
Mule Hollow Cabin
Mule Hollow Cabin

Mulehollowfolks
# Posted: 17 Jun 2016 12:38

Our First Christmas was wonderful in our new cabin.
Cabins_first_Christ.jpg
Cabins_first_Christ.jpg
cabin_loft.jpg
cabin_loft.jpg

naturelover66
# Posted: 17 Jun 2016 16:55

Congrats!! Its wonderful.

Purplerules
# Posted: 19 Jun 2016 08:55

Mulehollowfolks - you guys have really got a great place. You will enjoy many hours on that porch, we do!

Purplerules
# Posted: 18 Sep 2016 23:13

This weekend we spent some time on the cabin once again.
Turning our attention to completing out the loft. We still needed to complete the back wall and one side wall. Also one more piece of sheet metal to the ceiling. All done now. We have a queen & full bed up there. It is truly a sleeping loft now.
Felt good to come back and complete after such a log absence.
It brought back such good memories. Love that little cabin.
Friends & family are enjoying it now.
Loft
Loft

Purplerules
# Posted: 9 Sep 2017 22:37

Have not posted in awhile. We retired to our property in June 2016. And have just been settling in. This past month we started a new project and I decide to start a new post for it. Check it out, it is titled:
Round Two - Lake Limestone.

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 Sep 2020 10:45

Long time no post!
We have been busy on many projects around the property and the little cabin has been lonely.
Most who came to stay in it have since bought property out here because they loved it so much.
So we decided to AIRBNB it. It has been a success.
We decided to finish some items that never got done.
Like the storage loft above porch. And flooring. We were given a cooktop so got that installed with vent hood. It only took us 8 years to get around to it but this little gem will be completed finally. As soon as I remember how to post pic I will post loft.

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 Sep 2020 10:49

Finished loft after 8 years. For those that feel like it will never be done, don’t give up.
9DD6C3878614491CB.jpeg
9DD6C3878614491CB.jpeg

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 Sep 2020 10:52

New cooktop & venthood
4AFCDAFAE02E47DEA.jpeg
4AFCDAFAE02E47DEA.jpeg

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.