Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Shed to Cabin
Author Message
# Posted: 20 Jun 2022 09:09


We're purchasing a Hickory Shed (cabin model) 14x32 and are going to finish it out ourselves as a temporary (2 yrs) living quarters while we build our house. We're not too worried about Carpentry, Plumbing and Electric because my husband is an Electrician and his best friend is a Plumber. My question is about the well. Our property has a newly drilled well and I'm wondering what the best way to connect the well to the cabin would be? Any thoughts?

Cedar Fever
# Posted: 20 Jun 2022 11:40 - Edited by: Cedar Fever

I’m doing a shed to cabin and was going to put in PEX pipes and a grey water discharge. If you are building a house you could have a septic out in where it needs to go and hook up to that. I will be using a solar well and drawing from a storage tank and need a pump for pressure.

Lessons I learned are get strong floor joists. At least 2x8 or 2x10 and the strongest foundation you feel like putting in.

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 20 Jun 2022 18:07

A well will need a pressure tank and pressure switch. These are usually located in a heated space of a home or well house. What are your specific questions about how to connect a well?

# Posted: 20 Jun 2022 18:22

What does your plumber friend say ? He should know all about plumbing items like a well .

# Posted: 20 Jun 2022 21:24

My well just fills a 750 gallon tank. We use that until the tank gets low, then fire up the well pump to fill it again. So there is just the well pump and poly tubing connecting it to the tank.

From the tank there is the usual plumping, water pump and water heater. I used CPVC pipe, most nowadays use PEX pipe.

# Posted: 21 Jun 2022 09:42

Unless you plan on having well plumbing to that structure anyway it seems to me like trouble and expense to plumb it. The idea of a hose run to a holding tank makes sense, and if you want water pressure at the cabin use an rv type pump at the holding tank.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.