Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Would this work?
doglvr
# Posted: 10 Oct 2020 22:01 - Edited by: doglvr

With the cost of lumber so high I was wondering if this would work?? I was going to build a 32" pony wall(for crawl space) out of PT 2x6's attached to a 6 inch reinforced rebar concrete slab that I am pouring on Monday. I have an over abundance of 6" cabin grade cedar logs that I am going to build my cabin with next spring. Instead of building the pony wall with the 2x6 PT, how about building the wall using the 6" cedar logs? I would build 6 courses of logs on top of a 2x6 PT rim plate around the perimeter of the slab and then run the floor joists on top of the 6 courses of cedar logs. The Cabin is 24x32. I am also going to build a 32' wall down the center of the slab to support the floor joists. I would also use logs for the center wall as well. Any reason this would not work?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.