Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Want to build a log cabin? I have logs....
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 14 Dec 2020 15:49

I need to sell my land or sell a few hundred house or cabin logs. I can’t seem to sell both together because of the total price.
These are beautiful logs, 16 to 18” diameter and very little taper as they were not thinned for forty years, now they are sixty years old.
Owen

Steve_S
# Posted: 14 Dec 2020 17:05

If your'' going to advertise these, I'd suggest name the species of tree, average length and diameter at bottom & top. Also if these are fresh but Green or if they are stacked or dried in anyways, also if still barked.

Debarked, partial dry with 16-18" diameter have good value for sale. Not all species are suitable for building but some can be used if the first course or two (near ground or damp areas subject to backsplash from rain etc) are suitable for the area.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 14 Dec 2020 21:07

Quoting: OwenChristensen
These are beautiful logs, 16 to 18” diameter and very little taper as they were not thinned for forty years

Owen, what state are you in? I am a lifetime member of the LHBA or log home builders association and I would be more than happy to list these in their section. Its private, not open to non members. So you wont get spammed. If you want me to list it, email me at [my username here exactly as you see it]@ yahoo dot com

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 15 Dec 2020 12:06

I'm in Minnesota, about 80 miles north of the Twin Cities.
The trees are standing red pine at this time. I would sell them delivered or at least piled on a landing area.
Yes, thanks , I'll get back to you.
Owen

Steve_S
# Posted: 15 Dec 2020 13:49

Ohhh I love Red Pine, it colours so nicely and shows beautiful grain as it ages... used a lot of it inside my home. Baseboards, casings, mouldings, 6" deep window sills, all of it is Red Pine. I made all my own, no store bought here. Good stuff to build a log building with too.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 1 Nov 2023 16:17

Owen are still out there?? Been a long time since we chatted about our cabins!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.