Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / What to build?
FishHog
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:54

Had a stand of large red pine die. About 15 were potential threats to the cabin. Have been cutting them for the past couple winters when we’re there.

Built a 12’ picnic table and a small work table last year. A large raft for a floating garden the year before. This year I filled all my firewood storage and still have 11 logs about 15’ long that we stripped and stacked so they wouldn’t rot

Just can’t think of an idea to use them up. Don’t want useless junk just to get rid of them. They will rot before I can use that much firewood

Any ideas?
DB1C525C14EE4E1B9.jpeg
DB1C525C14EE4E1B9.jpeg

gwindhurst
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:13 - Edited by: gwindhurst

How about a pavilion to host an outdoor kitchen/dining area?

paulz
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:56

That gets my vote. But it really comes down to what you might need.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:23

Pavillion is a great idea...or not sure what you have for a wood shed? If you need one, could use it for that.

lburners
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 15:08

Sounds like you need a bigger fire

FishHog
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 15:13

Quoting: skootamattaschmidty
Pavillion is a great idea...or not sure what you have for a wood shed? If you need one, could use it for that.

Actually I forgot to mention I built a wood shed a couple years ago with the first few. It is now full. Not sure I need a big pavillion. Not really a big fan of more structures than I need but I'll give it some thought.

A bigger fire is the last resort, but it might come to that.

gwindhurst
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 16:03 - Edited by: gwindhurst

Any wet areas you need to cross? Foot bridge, corduroy road (short one obviously)...

FishHog
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 17:17

That’s a good thought gwindhurst

gcrank1
# Posted: 23 Jan 2021 17:18

Dog house/kennel
Kids playhouse log cabin
Generator cabin

FishHog
# Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:45

appreciate the input everyone

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.