Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / What a problem to have? Sun Shade connections.
frankpaige
# Posted: 12 Jul 2021 22:56

Trying to install a patio sun shade. Tired of moving the umbrella, tying the umbrella down. The deck is 12x12. Sunshade, I have is 10x13.
I have buckles on the cabin installed. Two metal poles installed 15 feet off the deck.
The weather wind forecast is usually 7 to 11 mph. Do I try to tie this shade ridgely, ( is that a word). Or use springs to give it some kind of...give?
I would take down the shade each trip. I usually go up once a week for about 4/5 days. Timid about leaving it up.
In the world problems, pretty small..
Thoughts?

Just
# Posted: 12 Jul 2021 23:04

We have a crank out shade never leave it up still tye down the corners. We get a lot of wind on a lake.

gcrank1
# Posted: 12 Jul 2021 23:13 - Edited by: gcrank1

There are stories on rv forums about leaving canopies up, and Ive had more than a few episodes with umbrellas and camp flys to not trust leaving them up when Im not around.
Like so many things, guess it works out until it doesnt then we re-evaluate.

paulz
# Posted: 12 Jul 2021 23:54 - Edited by: paulz

7x20 at my city house. Stays out 24/7/365. Legs are screwed to pier block in the ground. Kinda blocked from the wind being in a corner but flops around some. I lower one leg in heavy rain so it runs off.
IMG_20200728_113705..jpg
IMG_20200728_113705..jpg

Nobadays
# Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:40

If it is a "Sun Sail" shade canopy or similar... not a solid vinyl or cloth canopy, they are permanently installed all the time in AZ. They are porous enough that though they will flap a bit in the wind, it won't tear a well anchored canopy off.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.