Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Nobadays???
FishHog
# Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:07

Where have you been
I expect some winter updates and cool tracker pictures but haven’t seen you around in a while

Hope all is well and you are just too busy playing in the snow

Nobadays
# Posted: 31 Jan 2022 09:49

Hey! Still kicking.... we loaded up and headed back to AZ last Monday. 9 hours on the road but at least this year we didn't have to shovel snow off our driveway here in AZ... we are up in the mtns here as well.

We got snowed in for two weeks over Christmas/New Years, took two days for a road grader to plow the main road out. About 65" of snow during that two weeks! We normally leave around the first of February but knew there were more storms coming last week and again this week... winter storm warning was just issued for the coming week... so we got out.

Funny but I've been cold ever since we returned to AZ! It's been low 30's/upper 20's at night here... daytime in the 50's to low 60's. We have a heat pump in this house and somehow it just doesn't feel as warm as the wood stove in the cabin! Radiant heat I suppose....

Here's some pictures... lots of snow. Had to dig out our water trailer and the pickup that we keep parked at the main road. Had over 2' of snow on the cabin roof we got off before we left. It had gotten warm during the days so the snow melted on the porch roof then refroze until it was 4" thick causing an ice dam not allowing the snow to slide.... a lot of work to remove it!
IMG_6911_resize_23.j.jpg
IMG_6911_resize_23.j.jpg
IMG_6925_resize_27.j.jpg
IMG_6925_resize_27.j.jpg
IMG_6920_resize_45.j.jpg
IMG_6920_resize_45.j.jpg
IMG_6892_resize_29.j.jpg
IMG_6892_resize_29.j.jpg

Nobadays
# Posted: 31 Jan 2022 09:50

A couple more...
IMG_6909_resize_73.j.jpg
IMG_6909_resize_73.j.jpg
IMG_6910_resize_97.j.jpg
IMG_6910_resize_97.j.jpg

FishHog
# Posted: 31 Jan 2022 13:49

Yes that looks like a lot of snow to deal with but looks beautiful there as well
Glad your safe and sound. And I agree, there is nothing like the heat from a woodstove

Brettny
# Posted: 31 Jan 2022 20:05

You have a plow on the tracked tracker?...now that's double cool.

Nobadays
# Posted: 1 Feb 2022 09:42

Quoting: Brettny
You have a plow on the tracked tracker?...now that's double cool.

Yep.... it's a 6' plow with a 2" receiver mount intended for a UTV. A 2500# winch to raise and lower, manual angle. So happens the Tracker, with tracks is just shy of 6' wide. The blade pushes the snow out far enough even when angled it is beyond the tracks. REALLY cuts down on the shoveling around the cabin! I still don't plow our mile long road, I'm not about to make it easy for someone to get up to our place or our neighbors. The neighbors who do come up in the winter come to snowmobile so they are fine with the trail we keep packed and groomed.

Steve_S
# Posted: 1 Feb 2022 10:04

You know when you had a Real Snowstorm, is when you have to spend 3 hours with a shovel to dig out the snowplow only to realize it was the wrong snow bank!

Seems like the White Tracker (Seriously cool BTW) may be a passive aggressive attempt to "lose it" ?

Nobadays
# Posted: 1 Feb 2022 10:29

Quoting: Steve_S
Seems like the White Tracker (Seriously cool BTW) may be a passive aggressive attempt to "lose it" ?

Ha ha! I built a lean-to on the shop so it isn't covered in snow when I need it, which is most days as it's our main vehicle in the winter. The snowmobile is back up and pleasure riding.... though I'm not a big fan of snowmobiling... one arm steergets pretty tiring pretty quickly!
IMG_6907_resize_27.j.jpg
IMG_6907_resize_27.j.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.