Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Dreams can come true
Aklogcabin
# Posted: 4 Mar 2022 13:12

Dreams can come true. I was able to get out n go for a snogo ride with our grandson. Last week our daughter went out and did a trail inspection to see how the snow was. She came in the door n announcing that my little buddy n best of pals forever was going to get to go out for his first trail ride.
He is 5 now n been practicing around the house for a couple years now. He got a suzuki 90cc 4 wheeler from Santa n has been riding that also. He practices while I work outside. And has hundreds of hours in.
For me , well I've dreamed about this day for near 30 years. Our daughter grew up riding to. I would put her in a sling in front of me. Our son on my back. Out into all ak bush has to offer. And literally thousands of hours freighting materials to be able to even build a cabin. Putting along, it can be so black it's spooky. Or the sky above can be painted with such beauty as to be possible by our Good Lord. I will take time to stop n smell the cold air. It may be 20 below ambient but I'm warm. Laying back on the seat of my snogo. Looking up feeling like the most blessed man in the world. And it's just me n world too. Nobody knows where I'm at other than hauling freight. Phones don't work anyways.
And I'm out doing my thing. My family is my drive. And now, I can finally start to see all those dreams start to unfold. And it sure feels good. Watching our daughter taking control n making good decisions. Surround by rugged snow capped mountains. Moose n eagles. Preparing for the day when her family will be hosting our families cabin. They are well prepared and I can start to slow down a bit. But first I have to get a couple hundred more boards to freight. Probably near a thousand pounds. Kinda bulky n shuffle around, but not too bad. I have assumed a variety of freight sleds and wish I had the all aluminum custom built one stuck where the trailhead into the cabin from the muskkeg. The darm wolves keep pooping on the corner facing the cabin. And I have another trailer n some traps snares on it I was freighting when I got stuck n had to leave it.
But this is just a small part of what I get to enjoy. And watching my family in the outdoors is extraordinary rewarding. Watching my dreams come true n feeling pretty much blessed

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 4 Mar 2022 13:19

A couple of winter pictures
Winter wonderland
Winter wonderland
My best friend ❤
My best friend ❤
One of my little buddies ❤
One of my little buddies ❤
Great views
Great views

gcrank1
# Posted: 4 Mar 2022 15:04

Other than the modern tech and conveniences you are in a 'timeless' life in Da Nort, brother with countless individuals and generations gone before who knew the same magic.
May the Lord continue to richly bless you and yours!

Tim_Ohio
# Posted: 4 Mar 2022 15:41

Cheers to you...best life has to offer.
"And So It Goes" in a good way, not the
connotation it would normally invoke.

Nobadays
# Posted: 4 Mar 2022 16:49

Marvelous!

paulz
# Posted: 4 Mar 2022 20:06

Beautiful

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 5 Mar 2022 10:22

So you all have any dreams true ? Like finally getting dried in or fishing with the grandkids

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.