Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Water Filter Options
spencerin
# Posted: 13 May 2022 14:49

I'm curious about what type of water filter setups you may have and your opinion of their performance in terms of filtration and impact on plumbing.

My cabin has essentially an RV setup - 3.0 GPM pump with a 0.75L accumulator tank, 1/2" pex plumbing, and a 500g cistern. I'm thinking about adding a sediment filter followed by a UV light to the main line. Both should be rated at 5 GPM with a 2 PSI drop from the filter. There's no visible sediment in the water, but I don't see any harm in adding it. The UV light I 100% need to add.

Do you have anything similar? If you do, would you change anything about it? Anything I should know about before spending a few hundred bucks and cutting up the main line?

paulz
# Posted: 13 May 2022 16:50

I have a pool filter between well and tank. It's a big barrel, holds a lot of sand, couple hundred pounds. Don't really know what it captures but nobody's died yet. The UV light sounds interesting, if they don't draw too much electricity. I'll have to read up on that.

Steve_S
# Posted: 14 May 2022 08:58

I use the Rainfresh family of filters which have a very high rating and don't empty the wallet. I run with a Sediment Filter in the Pump House with a fine house filter which in my situation is fine.

They have a UV System which is very well priced and worthy of a look.

It is a Canadian Company but the products are available worldwide and quite affordable compared to many alternatives. They are also considerably more energy efficient than other brands by using only 120V/50W when in use which is triggered like an On-Demand system.

https://rainfresh.ca/residential-water-filters-canada

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.