Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Selkirk 3” tee cap removal…what am I missing?!
WILL1E
# Posted: 14 Oct 2022 22:28

I have this on my pellet stove.
URL
I took the screw off of the bottom, but I cannot figure out how to get the dang cap off. It feels like the cap is inside of the tee like the outside doesn’t turn or anything. I don’t have much room to work behind the stove so it’s hard to see.

Anyone has experience with this one??

Brettny
# Posted: 15 Oct 2022 05:31

That cap is so recessed it looks nearly impossible to remove. Did you ever have it out before?

WILL1E
# Posted: 15 Oct 2022 07:10

No. Should’ve looked at it closer when I installed it. Guess I’ll wait to remove it and see if menards has another in stock so I can try to figure it out in the store.

ICC
# Posted: 15 Oct 2022 09:12

I think those are a recessed friction fit. Maybe 1 screw? I've never installed anything to do with pellet stoves.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 15 Oct 2022 12:14

Looks like the bottom cap in the chimney for cleaning out. Maybe put a handle of know on it after you get it out.
Can you get a vise grip on the edge of the inner plug ? Good idea to go look at a new one in the box n see how it's constructed. I use an oil filter wrench for unscrewing the chimney pipes from each other. May have to take the top section off to get the plug out the bottom.
How is your pellet stove working out for you ? We replaced ours with a Toyo heater last year. Really miss watching the flames

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.