Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Anyone living outside of North America?
Gnerd
# Posted: 9 Dec 2022 10:49

I'm just curious to hear about anyone living in other parts of the world, whether as expats or local-born.

In the early 2000's I visited some people (Americans) living off-grid in a village in Lesotho. Back then they were using fluorescent lights in their house. The guy said the village chief gave him some land to build on for free. Of course he does things to contribute to the community instead of just taking a free ride.

I think it would be swell to live on an island in Thailand, and get around by boat; or in a desert house in Namibia with a nice shady courtyard, and convert an old outback car to run on solar-electric.
Lesotho
Lesotho

ICC
# Posted: 9 Dec 2022 14:46

Thailand is very hot and very humid, and to me not desirable from a climate perspective. Nice beaches, friendly people, inexpensive in general, though

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.