Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New porch chairs
Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 10 Feb 2023 17:48

I brought up some new Adirondack chairs for the porch today. They are pretty neat, my brother built a bunch them out of steel. He had all the pieces cut out with CNC plasma cutter, he then welded them up and had them powder coated. I had him match the color to my metal roof. They are nice and heavy which is good because the wind blew my last chairs of the porch and down the hill. They were made of wood and broke.
25BEC6FDB8A942589.jpeg
25BEC6FDB8A942589.jpeg
6CCE332555C141EBB.jpeg
6CCE332555C141EBB.jpeg
4D1A59EDA8BE4D749.jpeg
4D1A59EDA8BE4D749.jpeg

gcrank1
# Posted: 10 Feb 2023 19:28

Nice
I like the comfort of a good adirondack chair!
That is a nice view from that exposed knob too

Brettny
# Posted: 10 Feb 2023 19:37

Wow never saw steel ones, that's prety cool. Are they comfortable? I mostly hate ADK chairs, back problems and I feel like my shoulders are pushed forward and I'm laying back to far.

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 10 Feb 2023 19:45

Quoting: Brettny
Wow never saw steel ones, that's prety cool. Are they comfortable? I mostly hate ADK chairs, back problems and I feel like my shoulders are pushed forward and I'm laying back to far.

These are from a pattern he originally used to make mahogany chairs and is the most comfortable Adirondack chair I have sat in. I have lower back issues and these don’t bother me.

Nobadays
# Posted: 10 Feb 2023 22:14

Nice!

gcrank1
# Posted: 10 Feb 2023 22:23

Ive sat some that were just wrong, too. Looking online a few years back I found a bunch of patterns; they look pretty much the same but.....
The key is to find one that suits you

Eddy G
# Posted: 18 Feb 2023 19:15

HEAVY duty chairs man. Great work!
Cost of materials being so high these days, I hate to be rude but what did they cost per chair to build?
A good powder coat isn't cheap either but I'd love to give it all a try.

Irrigation Guy
# Posted: 19 Feb 2023 20:15

Quoting: Eddy G

HEAVY duty chairs man. Great work!
Cost of materials being so high these days, I hate to be rude but what did they cost per chair to build?
A good powder coat isn't cheap either but I'd love to give it all a try.

I think he said he had about $300-$400 into each one which makes it more a labor of love than a money making endeavor.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.