toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 6 Sep 2023 15:27

Total MIL SPEC setup.

gcrank1
# Posted: 6 Sep 2023 19:00

Wow, that is Awsum

DaveBell
# Posted: 6 Sep 2023 22:11

Firewood hauler. That thing is export controlled. I had to fill out a DLA form. And if I sell it, my buyer has to get permission also. It doesn't have any missiles on it. (Hmmm)

I saw the MIL Spec ATV years ago and was liking the platform size but they are never available. So the USMC is selling the entire fleet of D4's because they are getting the Alpha. Google MRZR Alpha.

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Sep 2023 01:00

It's getting diesel, but I'll keep the label for fun.
9aa50e13fb6040078.jpg
9aa50e13fb6040078.jpg

jsahara24
# Posted: 7 Sep 2023 08:46

Sweet...

Brettny
# Posted: 7 Sep 2023 19:09

Os it a emissions diesel?

ICC
# Posted: 7 Sep 2023 20:11

DEF?

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Sep 2023 20:59

Quoting: ICC
DEF?

Nope, National Defense exempt.

Brettny
# Posted: 8 Sep 2023 05:43

Particulate filter in the exhaust?

DaveBell
# Posted: 8 Sep 2023 09:00 - Edited by: DaveBell

Quoting: Brettny
Particulate filter in the exhaust?

I don't think so, but I can check after I pick it up next week. If it's National Defense exempt engine, no DEF no regen. Regen uses particulate filter, right?
Marines don't do ReGen. The Cat 420D backhoe was from the Marines, it had no emissions.
BTW, Kohler KDW933T engine. It's not on their website.

I want to get it home and change the oil, check brakes, lube slide pins, air filter, etc. Need to save those turbo bearings from dirty oil.
_KDW_993_T_WEB.jpg
_KDW_993_T_WEB.jpg

Jackson
# Posted: 6 Oct 2023 23:21

That's way cooler than my Pioneer lol.

Cedar Fever
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 09:31

That’s super awesome, congrats. What is the parts situation like? Does it take RZR power train parts?

gcrank1
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 09:33 - Edited by: gcrank1

Ive thought for a long time that a 'new' version of the old original Jeep MB would be a good seller; guess this is it? The millennium marches on....

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 10:21

Quoting: Cedar Fever
What is the parts situation like? Does it take RZR power train parts?

I called customer service. They gave me the Polaris Gov email.

Dear Polaris,
The Govt is selling all its MRZR D4 to the public. How do I find parts on Polaris web site?
Thanks, Dave

Reply:
Parts are not available from Polaris to the general public; we may only support approved government entities.
Thanks, Jim Burk

Dear Polaris,
Jim,
If the Government is selling the MRZR-D4 to the public, that means Polaris can sell MRZR-D4 parts to the public buyers of those machines.
You may want to make a phone call to GSA before making such a statement.
Let me know when this starts to make sense.
Dave

Reply:
again, Polaris Government and Defense may only support approved government entities. We cannot provide support personal and private vehicle owners.
You are welcome to work with a local Polaris Dealer to assist you in identification of common parts available through the Polaris Dealer Network to obtain any parts that are not considered restricted.
Thanks, Jim Burk

Polaris is so stupid. Here is an opportunity for a continued source of revenue and they can't think beyond the edge of their desk. The Polaris dealer network business model is so ....... up.

1. They wanted to charge me $500 for an oil change and lube.
2. When I was a MOD for the Polaris forums, the ATV 850XP, (I have one, but not the problem) Crankcase vent tube to the air cleaner was under sized and sometimes would suck oil into the air box. Both the dealer and Polaris customer service were useless. I used some SQL queries on the Forum database and located members who worked at the factory by zip code. Sent them a message. That started the ball rolling and problem solved with a larger vent tube.

I would not recommend Polaris to my worst enemy. My next ATV will be a Can-Am.

So I was prepared for this issue to pop up. I can walk into NAPA with any filter and say, you got one of these?

Brake calipers and pads have part numbers on them. Etc.

I'm hoping Polaris will get their heads out of their back side and start supporting their customers, but until then, their are other ways.

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 10:37

Quoting: Cedar Fever
Does it take RZR power train parts?

I don't know. But one would think, during the design process, they would try to use common parts they already have access to. I bet, like other auto manufacturers, they don't make any parts unless there is a benefit to do so. They just design, outsource, and assemble. They have suppliers making everything.

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 10:40

Update, EUC form is still under review 30 days later at DLA/TSC. They did tell me it would take up to 6 weeks to get approval from the Govt.

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 10:44

Andrew Camarata taught me that he will never buy from a manufacturer because the item is marked up 3-4 times over. He just searches for the part number marked on the item. $60 part, $15 on ebay.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 10:58

Quoting: DaveBell
I want to get it home and change the oil, check brakes, lube slide pins, air filter, etc. Need to save those turbo bearings from dirty oil.

From that picture, its a timing belt driven camshaft too. Maybe a peek at that too. How many hours?

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 12:16

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
How many hours?

DaveBell
# Posted: 7 Oct 2023 18:57

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
From that picture, its a timing belt driven camshaft too. Maybe a peek at that too.

Good idea. Thanks.

Jackson
# Posted: 18 Oct 2023 20:35

[quote=DaveBell]I called customer service. They gave me the Polaris Gov email.

Dear Polaris,
The Govt is selling all its MRZR D4 to the public. How do I find parts on Polaris web site?
Thanks, Dave

Reply:
Parts are not available from Polaris to the general public; we may only support approved government entities.
Thanks, Jim Burk

Dear Polaris,
Jim,
If the Government is selling the MRZR-D4 to the public, that means Polaris can sell MRZR-D4 parts to the public buyers of those machines.
You may want to make a phone call to GSA before making such a statement.
Let me know when this starts to make sense.
Dave

Reply:
again, Polaris Government and Defense may only support approved government entities. We cannot provide support personal and private vehicle owners.
You are welcome to work with a local Polaris Dealer to assist you in identification of common parts available through the Polaris Dealer Network to obtain any parts that are not considered restricted.
Thanks, Jim Burk

So I was prepared for this issue to pop up. I can walk into NAPA with any filter and say, you got one of these?

Brake calipers and pads have part numbers on them. Etc.

Suddenly my Pioneer is looking cool again.

DaveBell
# Posted: 19 Oct 2023 04:40

Quoting: Jackson
Suddenly my Pioneer is looking cool again.

Can you post a picture of it.

DaveBell
# Posted: 19 Oct 2023 04:41

EUC approved today. Sunday pickup Uhaul trailer and road trip to Albany Ga.

Brettny
# Posted: 19 Oct 2023 11:43

Some times government contracts state that specific parts or a percent of parts need to be made in the US. I suspect that's why they wouldnt just take off the shelf parts to build this.

I own a MEP802a. 5kw liquid cooled military diesel generator. It dosnt share a single part with any other generator on the market. But then again they made many many thousands of them so parts machines arnt hard to find and it's all solid state relays and generic filters.

DaveBell
# Posted: 19 Oct 2023 19:33

Quoting: Brettny
MEP802a

Sweet. 848 LB generator, is it on a trailer? Liquid cooled, 70db noise level (quiet) diesel. How many cylinders? I see plenty of parts for it. I have a 5KW Kohler gas I'm going to remove from my junk RV when I get a round tuit.

Brettny
# Posted: 19 Oct 2023 19:46

No trailer. I believe it's a 2cyl. I bought a few lots from fort drum years ago and would sell them. I had at one time a 10kw with 3hrs..looked show room clean.

Jackson
# Posted: 19 Oct 2023 22:04

Quoting: DaveBell
Can you post a picture of it.

I was just lamenting about the absurdity of your situation on obtaining parts for your toy.

I just have a Honda Pioneer, but getting parts for it if it ever needs them is easy.

Glad to hear you finally got it sorted out.

DaveBell
# Posted: 20 Oct 2023 05:07 - Edited by: DaveBell

Quoting: Jackson
just lamenting about the absurdity of your situation on obtaining parts for your toy.

Ever served in the military?
Ever heard of Steel Soldiers?
Is it absurd that NASA sends a roll of duct tape into space with the astronauts? (see Apollo 13)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.