Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Posted Photos on this forum
drb777
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 08:32

I recently found that a couple of my cabin photos (only posted in the forum) have been hijacked by someone and used in a youtube video. Is this legal, should it be "reported" as a YT copyright violation?

Steve_S
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 08:40

Technically, I doubt there is much you can do about it. You can contact Youtube and inform them and ask for a Take Down. They likely won't BUT if they're using your photo's to commit fraud/scams then they may.

You will have to prove the photo's are yours and where they came from. If the photo's are digital, (phone/camera) there is Meta-data embedded that can help.

Brettny
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 09:34

If you dont mind me asking what YT video?

drb777
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 10:46

URL

Above link to youtube video.
I would mostly like to warn everyone that all photos posted here can easily be used by others for whatever purpose they may have.

Brettny
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 10:54

Did you buy your cabin as a kit online? That's prety cool.

drb777
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 11:41

Quoting: Brettny
Did you buy your cabin as a kit online?

Yep, made in Finland by Luoman. Absolutely not supplied by/through Amazon, as stated in the video.

Steve_S
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 11:55

I watched the video, clearly a marketer and not sure if they are legit or not, I'd suspect not, if they have to use images from other companies & individuals. Hard to say if it is a scam or not, far too many lazy people out there so they may have just grabbed the info.

If you contacted your original vendor "Luoman" by email telling them of this and giving them a link, they would be able to pursue it properly & rightfully.

Its a shame because some of these "kits" are pretty darn amazing provided you find a good solid company with real human customers who can show how good the kit is. Like your cabin (peaked at your thread) looks terrific and like a well designed & thought out kit.

ICC
# Posted: 2 Oct 2023 17:39 - Edited by: ICC

Quoting: drb777
I would mostly like to warn everyone that all photos posted here can easily be used by others for whatever purpose they may have

Anything we post online anywhere may be stolen, misrepresented, etc. by anyone for whatever purpose. That is an unfortunate fact of life in the time we live in. So, no actual surprise. However, I fully comprehend the sense of outrage one goes through when something personal is discovered being used by someone else. I first ran into the theft of my images about 15 years ago. That was on a private website and that person at least was good enough to remove the stolen images. They had tried to obliterate the watermark I used and failed. I am not too sure complaints to youtube, FB, etc. would do much good, but I would try anyhow if it was me.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.