Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / New Member Introduction
IcutMetl
# Posted: 5 Dec 2023 03:15

Hello, everyone- I am a new member to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I are both 40ish, currently live in a post & beam home near the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio, both work full time, have two dogs (Alaskan Malamute & Border Collie) and just purchased a small off grid cabin/camp on 10 acres in the U.P. of Michigan to use as a getaway, and I thought it would be beneficial to have a resource for information. I have spent a fair amount of time in the U.P. (West to East and into the Keweenaw) over the past 5-10 years on snowmobile trips and only started to visit in the warmer months in the past few years with my wife (including in a couple neat off grid VRBO’s), who has really grown to love it. It’s our long term plan to retire early up there but we were able to make a shorter term plan happen in the meantime. I’m a fairly handy and resourceful person but wanted an outlet for my analysis paralysis in addition to my small circle of friends who are excited to help, so here I am!

paulz
# Posted: 5 Dec 2023 08:12

Hi, great intro IcutMetl, welcome aboard!

gcrank1
# Posted: 5 Dec 2023 08:40

Welcome!
Sounds like this should be a good match for you

Notes
# Posted: 5 Dec 2023 09:53

Congratulation's! The U.P. is is full of outdoor activities. Our camp is in Menominee county.

Aklogcabin
# Posted: 5 Dec 2023 09:53

Welcome. We also enjoy our cabin year round. And use snogos to get there in the frozen months.

Deni78
# Posted: 5 Dec 2023 13:58

Hello, I am new to thiis community & my name is Deni.
I am interested in the subtance of this forum, and I hope to have discussions concerning chamois.
Thank you for acceptin me as a member of this forum.
See you soon !

spencerin
# Posted: 5 Dec 2023 19:43

Welcome - you've found the right place!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.